Share and work on your Miro boards from within Confluence pages - Miro plugin for Confluence will help to keep your workflow in a single place.
✏️ You can also embed Miro boards with the Atlassian Smart link feature.
✏️ If you experience issues with the Confluence plugin, take a look at this article.
In this article:
- Installing the plugin
- Adding boards to Confluence pages
- Disabling the plugin
- Atlassian Smart Link for Miro
- Frequently asked questions
Installing the plugin
Install the plugin from the Atlassian marketplace here by clicking Get in now and then choose the needed instance.
Selecting hosting type
You will see the following message - it means that the app has been successfully installed:
The app has been successfully installed
Adding boards to Confluence pages
Now you can add your Miro boards to your Confluence pages. To do that:
- Click Insert and find Miro on your list. You can also start typing /miro right on the page
Miro plugin on the list of additional content options
- You will see a simple version of your dashboard.
⚠️ When opening the board picker a user only sees the boards available to them on the Miro side
Plugin board picker
- Pick a board or find it via the Search option and then choose the sharing level you wish to set. Note that you can only embed boards on which you have Editor access. You can choose between three options:
- Anyone can view - anyon can view the embedded board's content in Confluence
- Anyone can comment - anyone can leave comments on the embedded board in Confluence
- Private - the same sharing settings as on the Miro side. Users who have access to the board on the Miro side will be able to access it in Confluence (if the board is not shared publicly, the users will need to log in to Miro in the same browser)
✏️ For Enterprise Plan Miro users, your access settings will follow organization-wide access controls which might imply that some sharing options may be restricted. Learn more: Managing Enterprise sharing policy for embed integrations
✏️ The access level that you set for the embedded board on the Confluence side does not affect the board sharing settings set on the Miro side
Sharing levels available
The whole board will be inserted on the page. Once the board is embedded, users can view/comment/edit and navigate around it right within Confluence depending on the access level you set and the access that they have to the board on the Miro side.
Miro board embedded into a Confluence page
It is also possible to open the board in Miro by clicking the Miro logo.
The option to open the board in Miro
⚠️ The plugin for Server and Cloud differs in the window size menu controls.
Cloud will show the following menu with the Go full width option:
Size controls in Confluence Cloud
While Server will look like this, with S/M/L options:
Size controls in Confluence Server
Disabling the plugin
To disable the plugin go to Atlassian Marketplace > Manage apps > Miro for Confluence Cloud > Uninstall.
Miro for Confluence plugin on the list of the installed Jira apps
Atlassian Smart Link for Miro
You can embed Miro boards into Confluence using the Atlassian Smart Link feature. The feature allows you to automatically embed a board without the need to install a plugin.
✏️ Please note that only those users who have access to the embedded board on the Miro's side will be able to work with the preview after connecting their Miro and Atlassian accounts. If you'd like to make the preview available for all Confluence users, feel free to use the Miro plugin.
Go to a Confluence page and simply paste a board link or type /link to insert. If you use the feature for the first time, you will be asked to connect your Miro account. Click Connect to preview, authorize in Miro, and choose a team from which you will embed your boards.
Choosing a team to embed boards from
When you paste a Miro board's link into a Confluence page, it will turn into a Confluence widget automatically. Click the link and you will see the options to display the link as a card or as an embed.
The options to display a Miro board link as a link, card, or embed
If you choose to display the board as an embed, you can change the embed size by dragging its side.
Changing Miro embed size in Confluence
⚠️ If third-party cookies are blocked in your browser there can be unexpected issues displaying embedded boards.
Frequently asked questions
- Miro for Confluence plugin does not work on my side. How can I fix that?
- Please note that the plugin does not work in Internet Explorer. Please check other possible issues and solutions on this page.