Share and work on your Miro boards from within Confluence pages - Miro plugin for Confluence will help to keep your workflow in a single place.
Available for: all Miro plans; Confluence Cloud, Confluence Server, and Confluence Data Center
Set up by: Confluence Admin
✏️ You can also embed Miro boards with the Atlassian Smart link feature.
✏️ If you experience issues with the Confluence plugin, take a look at this article.
Installing the plugin
Install the plugin from the Atlassian marketplace.
- Log into your Confluence instance as an admin.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Add-ons (Apps).
- Select Find new apps or Find new add-ons.
- Search Miro for Confluence.
- Click Get app.
You will see the following message - it means that the app has been successfully installed:
The app has been successfully installed
Adding boards to Confluence pages
Now you can add your Miro boards to your Confluence pages. To do that:
- Click Insert and find Miro on your list. You can also start typing /miro right on the page.
Miro plugin on the list of additional content options
- You will see a simple version of your dashboard.
⚠️ When opening the board picker a user only sees the boards available to them on the Miro side.
Plugin board picker
- Pick a board or find it via the Search option and then choose the sharing level you wish to set. Note that you can only embed boards on which you have editor access. You can choose between three options:
- Anyone can comment (without the need to sign in)
- Anyone can view (without the need to sign in)
- Private (as in the board sharing settings on the Miro side, may require Miro sign-in to access the board)
✏️ The access level that you set for the embedded board on the Confluence side does not affect the board sharing settings set on the Miro side. Learn more
✏️ For Enterprise plan Miro users, your access settings will follow organization-wide access controls which might imply that some sharing options may be restricted. Learn more: Managing Enterprise sharing policy for embed integrations
Sharing levels available
The whole board will be inserted on the page. Once the board is embedded, users can view/comment/edit and navigate around it right within Confluence depending on the access level you set and the access that they have to the board on the Miro side.
Miro board embedded into a Confluence page
It is also possible to open your Miro dashboard by clicking the Miro logo.
The option to open the board in Miro
⚠️ The plugin for Server and Cloud differs in the window size menu controls.
Cloud will show the following menu with the Go full width option:
Size controls in Confluence Cloud
While Server will look like this, with S/M/L options:
Size controls in Confluence Server
Disabling the plugin
To disable the plugin go to Atlassian Marketplace > Manage apps > Miro for Confluence Cloud > Uninstall.
Miro for Confluence plugin on the list of the installed Jira apps
Atlassian Smart Link for Miro
You can embed Miro boards into Confluence using the Atlassian Smart Link feature. The feature allows you to automatically embed a board without the need to install a plugin.
✏️ Please note that only those users who have access to the embedded board on the Miro's side will be able to work with the preview after connecting their Miro and Atlassian accounts. If you'd like to make the preview available for all Confluence users, feel free to use the Miro plugin.
Go to a Confluence page and simply paste a board link or type /link to insert. If you use the feature for the first time, you will be asked to connect a Miro team. Click Connect to preview, authorize in Miro, and choose a team from which you will embed your boards.
Choosing a team to embed boards from
When you paste a Miro board's link into a Confluence page, it will turn into a Confluence widget automatically. Click the link and you will see the options to display the link as a card or as an embed.
The options to display a Miro board link as a link, card, or embed
If you choose to display the board as an embed, you can change the embed size by dragging its side.
Changing Miro embed size in Confluence
⚠️ If third-party cookies are blocked in your browser there can be unexpected issues displaying embedded boards.
Frequently asked questions
- We're going to migrate Confluence from one cloud instance to another. Will embedded Miro boards be affected?
- There should be no issues with embedded Miro boards if the content is moved without changes.