Available for: Team, Business, Consultant, Enterprise, and Education plans;
Available to: Board owners and Editors that are members of the team where the board is located
Available on: browser version, Desktop app, Tablet app
The Versions feature makes it possible to automatically save and recover versions of Miro boards enabling you to collaborate with additional confidence.
In this article:
- The board is backed up every hour as well as at the end of each collaborative session.
- Saved versions are stored for 30 days.
- The original board is not changed. The restored version is created as a separate board and its title is by default dated.
How to use
To restore a previous version:
- Open Board history and switch to Versions,
- Hover over the date you need and click the Restore icon.
- You will be suggested to change the version's name. Check to Create the copy in the same project and Share it with the same users if you need it.
- Click to Restore. The process may take some time depending on the amount of content the board contains but generally is not longer than the standard board duplication process.
Restoring a previous version of a Miro board
How the feature can be limited or disabled
- The feature is available to Board owners and can be enabled for Editors that are members of the team where the board is located.
- The Versions feature depends on the Board Content Settings: the option is available for team members only if the Board owner allows team members to copy the board content. This can be configured on the board Share menu > Sharing settings > Permissions.
- Content Admin permissions on the Enterprise Plan - when enabled, - allow Company Admins to access board Versions even when it's disabled by the Content Settings by reassigning the board ownership to themselves.
If you don't have permission to use the option, you will see the corresponding message in the Versions tab. Reach out to the Board owner to get the feature enabled.