The versions feature makes it possible to automatically save and recover versions of Miro boards enabling you to collaborate with additional confidence.
Available for: Team, Business, Consultant, Enterprise, and Education plans
Available to: board owners, co-owners, and editors that are members of the team where the board is located if they are allowed to copy the board content
Available on: browser version, Desktop app, Tablet app
- The board is backed up every hour as well as at the end of each collaborative session
- Saved versions are stored for 30 days
- The original board is not changed. The restored version is created as a separate board and its title is by default dated
How to use
To restore a previous version:
- Open Board history on the board overview in the bottom left corner and switch to Versions.
- Hover over the date you need and click the Restore icon.
- You will be suggested to change the version's name. Check the box to Create the copy in the same project and Share it with the same users if you need it.
- Click to Restore. The process may take some time depending on the amount of content the board contains but generally is not longer than the standard board duplication process.
Restoring a previous version of a Miro board
How the feature can be limited or disabled
- The feature is available to board owners, co-owners, and can be enabled for editors that are members of the team where the board is located
- The feature depends on the board content settings: the option is available for team members only if the board owner allows team members to copy the board content. This can be configured on the board Share menu > Sharing settings > Permissions
- Content Admin permissions on the Enterprise plan - when enabled, - allow Company Admins to access board Versions even when it's disabled by the content settings by reassigning the board ownership to themselves
If you don't have permission to use the option, you will see the corresponding message in the Versions tab. Reach out to the board owner to get the feature enabled.
Frequently asked questions
- I have recently upgraded my team. Can I restore a board version that was created when my team was on Free plan?
- No, versions start working only one hour after the upgrade, so it's not possible to restore board versions created when you were on Free plan. However, in the future, you will be able to restore new versions created after the upgrade.
- I do not have versions in the board history. Why?
- Please note that the feature is not supported in free teams. Besides, please make sure that your role on the board allows you to restore versions (you should be the board owner, co-owner, or editor and be a member of the team where the board is located). Additionally, the board owner/co-owner should allow team members to copy the board content.
If you deleted an object, you can also restore it - check out this guide.