Analyze and customize your subscription usage at scale with the help of the ServiceNow & Miro integration. The integration allows getting the list of non-active users and deactivating them from the Asset management app.
Available for: Enterprise plan
Set up by: Company Admins
The integration gives access to the following features:
Get a list of user’s subscription usage and the number of licenses allocated in your Miro Enterprise account.
Deactivate users in your Miro Enterprise account based on subscription usage.
In ServiceNow, go to SaaS License module and select Direct Integration Profiles option, then click on New:
SaaS License module
✏️ In case that the Saas License module is not present in your ServiceNow instance you will need to install it following these steps.
Search for Miro Enterprise Integration Profile:
Miro Enterprise Integration Profile
You will see two subflows pre-defined to Download Subscriptions and Reclaim Subscriptions:
Download Subscription Subflow
Reclaim Subscription Subflow
How to create a new connection
✏️ To proceed with Step 4, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager with a request to enable the organizations:read option in your Miro settings.
To create a new Connection go to Credentials & Connections > Connection & Credential Aliases and click on New.
The option to create a new Connection & Credential Alias
Click on Create New Connection & Credentials link:
Connection & Credential Aliases
Create Connection and Credential
The option to create a new app in Profile settings
3. Set up the App name, select a team and click on Create app. Note that you need to have a Developer team.
New app set up
4. On the app page in the Permissions section you will need to check the organizations:read option and click on Install app and get OAuth Token. To enable the option, please get in touch with your Customer Success Manager.
The app page in Miro Profile settings
5. Select a team that is a part of your Enterprise organization and install the app.
6. Then you can copy the Client ID and Client Secret:
Client id and Client secret in Miro Settings
For Reclaim Subscriptions subflow you will need to provide SCIM API token.
To get SCIM API token, on the Miro side navigate to Enterprise Company Settings > Enterprise integrations and copy the token:
Api Token in Miro settings
Subscription usage customization
Last activity threshold
Possible issues and how to resolve them
- This is expected behavior when installing the app in a Dev team as the Dev team doesn't have access to the organization-level scopes. You'll want to install the app under one of your Enterprise teams where it does have access to organization scopes for the ServiceNow integration.
The error when installing the app for a Dev team