💡 Check the article I am a New Miro Admin. Where to Start?
💡 Find more info about Admins and other roles in the Roles in Miro guide.
⚠️ Education plan allows one Admin per team.
Below are the answers to frequently asked questions on Admin rights.
- I want to be promoted to Admin. How can I do that?
- Reach out to the current team Admin and ask them to change your role. If you don't know who the current Admin is, open Team or Company Settings > Active users to find out.
- How to grant Admin rights to a teammate?
- Follow these steps: How to Promote a User to Admin.
- What's the difference between Billing Admin and Admin?
- Any user is made Billing Admin when they upgrade their team. That does not automatically give them Admin rights. The Billing Admin is the cardholder and they have access to Billing settings (as long as the Billing admin is a member of the paid team) since they're the one paying for the subscription. They can buy or remove seats, cancel the subscription and re-activate it, request refunds. However, they cannot remove users, manage permissions, apps and don't have access to other account settings if they don't have Admin rights in it.
- I don't want to take a paid seat in the team, but I want to be the payer and receive billing information.
- You can upgrade the account and leave it or ask the admin to remove you. Payment receipts are sent to the email address stated in the Billing section of your team settings. A team Admin can provide any address there thus you don't have to take a seat in this case. To change billing email open team Settings > Billing section > Overview tab > Billing actions > Change email.
- I want to change the credit card attached to the subscription to a new one. How can we do that?
- This can be done by one of the Admins or by the Billing Admin if they follow this guide.
- How to leave the team without the help of the Admin (they left the company, I can't contact them)?
- Follow the steps suggested in the article: How to leave a team.
- I only see 5 boards, but in the team settings, it says that there are 8 of them. Why can't I, as an Admin, see and manage the rest of the boards?
- If you don't see some boards it means they have a private status and only their owners can see them. To clear the situation please reach out to your team members and suggest them to share it with you.
- There are several users in the team, who left the company. How can I remove them from the team and reduce the number of paid licenses?
- To do so remove users from the account (find our how do that on Team, Education, Business plans here; here you will find the instructions for Consultant and Enterprise plans) and reduce the team size following this guide.
- Users of my team invited new members and now I have to pay more. I don't want that.
a. Make sure you've decreased the number of paid seats after removing users.
b. If you haven't been charged yet, your payment for the additional seats will be prorated to the time the seats have been added to the account.
c. If you have already been charged, the amount for the unused time is going to be struck off your next invoice after you remove extra users and decrease the number of paid seats.
d. To prevent this from happening again configure your Invitation settings.
- I want new users with my corporate domain to join my team automatically.
- Check the article: Managing team discovery and access.
- I want to delete my profile. What happens to my team after that?
- If you are the only member there, the team will be deleted together with your profile. If there are other members, the team will stay and your profile will simply be removed from it and then deleted. If you are the only Admin in the team, then after your profile's removal the first team member alphabetically will become the new Admin.
- Our Admin has left the team and I want to get the Admin rights. What should I do?
- Contact your IT Department and ask them to grant you access to the email address of the previous Miro Admin. Once you gain access to Miro Admin's email address, change the password, sign in to Miro with Admin's credentials, and grant Admin rights to yourself in the Settings > Active users.
- What if I see “The account must have at least one admin” error message when trying to remove former Company Admin (applicable for Enterprise and Consultant plans)?
- It's most likely that the user is an only admin in one of the account teams. You may add yourself to these teams and grant Team Admin rights to yourself (so that in these teams there're 2 Team Admins). After that, you shall be able to remove the user from the account.
To do so open the Company Settings > Active users > click on the number of teams of the respective user to learn which teams they are a member of.
Click on the number of teams of your own profile and then the plus + icon > add yourself to the needed teams > Save changes.
To grant yourself team admin rights open Teams section > choose the team where you need Admin rights > Active users > click 3-dots on the line with your name > choose Grant team admin.
💡 Related articles: Advanced User Management.
- I'm a Team Admin of a team which is a part of Consultant/Enterprise account. What management options are available for me?
- Team Admins on Consultant and Enterprise plans can change team name and logo, remove team users, invite new team members if this is allowed by Company admins, grant and revoke Team Admin role, manage sharing settings, apps and integrations. For more details, please take a look at this article.