You can use Miro as an all-in-one solution that provides necessary tools at every stage of the mapping or diagramming process. Start diagramming in Miro from scratch using intuitive tools and frameworks or choose a pre-made template from the extended Miro library. Share with your teammates and enjoy the ease of collaboration in Miro - discuss and refine right on the board. Once your diagram is ready, easily export and present your work.
In this article:
Create your first diagram
To start mapping & diagramming with Miro, choose a tool that will best suit your needs. Discover your opportunities below.
✏️ More cool features that will upgrade Miro diagramming experience are coming soon. Stay tuned!
Shapes & connection lines
Miro shapes and connection lines work together perfectly and ensure fluent diagramming experience. Start drawing a shape, fill it with text, drag a blue dot to create a connection line, and add another object with just one click.
Creating a diagram with Miro shapes and connection lines
You can change shape's color, opacity, text formatting and configure connection line's type, color and text labels. Feel free to use cards and sticky notes as well - easily convert objects while keeping their style.
💡 Select several items to filter and customize them: How to Select and Move Multiple Objects.
Changing a flowchart in Miro
Express your ideas, map out flows, and organize the brainstorming process with Miro mind map. Start with one concept and create branches and child nodes using a vertical or horizontal layout.
Miro mind map
You can change the position of child nodes and align them in one click, change the colour and style of your mind map, reassign nodes and link dependencies. Learn more about mind map.
User story mapping
The interactive User story map framework by Miro is a good way to quickly add and organize user stories. Start with three cards and develop your USM using intuitive controls and shortcuts. Learn more about Miro User story map.
Miro User story mapping
Discover Miro Template Library where you will find multiple custom-crafted templates for customer journey maps, wireframes, organizational charts, and more. Access the library from your board, dashboard, or on this page. You can use a pre-filled template or start with blank.
Miro templates for mapping and diagramming
Explore Miro integrations with other services bringing even more opportunities to mapping & diagramming in Miro. Open Miro Marketplace and switch to the use case on the left.
Miro apps for mapping and diagramming
Feel free to install the apps that will enrich your diagramming experience.
- Icon databases (Iconfinder, Cisco Network Topology Icons, AWS Architecture Icons, Unsplash). Visualize your technical diagrams without the need to switch between Miro and icon sets - you can now have the icons at hand. Learn more.
- Clusterizer by Refractive Strategy. The app clusters your tagged sticky notes and cards by automatically building diagrams. Select a group of tagged stickies or cards, open Clusterizer, and click Build. The app will build replicas of your tagged items connected with lines. Learn more.
- Wireframes. Miro Wireframe library includes about 60 UI elements and a variety of interactive icons. Easily change the style and type of elements and link them to other objects.
- Jira Cards, Asana Cards, Azure Cards. If your diagrams include cards, you may benefit from Miro integrations with Jira, Asana, and Azure - keep your workflow in Miro by importing tasks and issues to boards as interactive cards.
- Smart Diagrams by Appgami. Discover the library of pre-made customizable templates. Learn more.
Collaborate and refine
Seamlessly share your Miro boards via email, publicly, or with team or project members to start collaborating online or asynchronously.
Another simple way to share your board is to embed it into Confluence, Jira, Microsoft Teams, Trello, or any other website that supports iframe and allow unregistered users to comment or edit on your boards within the apps.
Export and present
Present your diagram at a meeting in various ways.
- Initiate a screen sharing session, so that other participants could see your screen. Unmute your microphone for voice-over comments and enable video chat to kick off discussions. Learn more.
Miro screen sharing
- Hover over your avatar and bring collaborators to your screen to let them see what you are working on. Learn more.
Miro attention management
Board export options