Collaborate asynchronously in a more inclusive and efficient way than ever before with Miro Talktrack. Record an immersive audio or video walkthrough of a Miro board and leave it for other teammates to review. Your collaborators will be able to interact with Talktrack board recordings by navigating through the board.
✏️ Only beta users can create Talktrack recordings. However, when you share a Talktrack (and board) other non-beta users can view the Talktrack.
Available for: Starter, Business, and Consultant plans, and select users on Enterprise Plan
Available on: desktop browser, desktop app
Available browsers: Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, and Edge
Consider these tips and tricks before creating your Talktrack:
- Refrain from clicking or interacting with board items while recording (e.g. click to play video, click to open document)
This isn't a screen recording but rather the recording of your movements across the board. Your interactions with the board will not be captured.
- Be careful with significant board edits after recording
When the viewer plays the Talktrack, they will see the changed content on the board.
- Consider locking your frames
Especially the ones you don't want to be altered. Or at least remind your viewers not to move things that shouldn't be moved.
- Pro-tip: Reserve frames for input
Rather than asking viewers to add stuff on top of recorded screens, make a frame reserved for their input. It will reduce confusion for other viewers
- Be mindful of recording duration
Try to keep board recordings at 45 minutes or less for optimal viewing/ board loading performance.
Where can I use Talktrack?
Here are some common use cases where Talktrack is helpful:
- Meeting pre-reads and recaps
- Weekly team updates
- Stand-in recording for meetings you cannot attend
- Onboarding people to new processes or information
- Pre-workshop/class instructions
- Gathering feedback on your board content
- Sharing a project plan or roadmap
💡 Learn how the Miro team use Talktrack board recordings to improve workflows.
How to create a Talktrack
Who can do it: board owners, co-owners, editors, commenters, and viewers
You can create a Talktrack from the collaboration toolbar in the top-right corner of the board.
- Click the Talktrack icon.
- If there are already Talktracks on the board, you will see a side panel containing a library of all the recordings. If not, the panel will show an empty state. Either way, you can click on Create recording to make a Talktrack.
- Your camera and microphone will be enabled by default. You can disable the camera or microphone or select another camera and microphone.
- Click Start recording.
Creating a board recording in Miro
- As you record your Talktrack, you can pause it, restart, and delete.
Click Stop as you finish recording. You will see the Talktrack on the right panel.
The option to stop recording
- You can rename the Talktrack by clicking the three dots and selecting Rename.
- Copy the link to the Talktrack and send it to your collaborators. As soon as they follow the link, the board will open, and the Talktrack will launch for them automatically.
The options to copy the link, rename and delete the Talktrack
Playing the Talktrack
✏️ Only beta users can create Talktrack recordings. However, if a Talktrack is shared with you, you can watch it.
Anyone (including unregistered users) with access to the board can watch the board Talktracks. There are two ways to play a Talktrack:
- By following the link to a Talktrack
- By clicking the Board recording icon on the collaboration toolbar and accessing all the board Talktracks from there. If there are new recordings since you last visited the board, you will see a blue dot above the icon. Any board collaborator can copy links to Talktracks
Accessing the board recordings
The playback experience is interactive: at playback, you’re following the recorder's view but can also pan around the board and make edits. To return to the recorder’s view, click Return to [user's first name] at the bottom of the screen. Feel free to set a playback speed.
Playing a Talktrack
Providing feedback on Talktrack
Talktrack is still a beta feature, and we really appreciate any feedback to improve on the experience. Let us know what you think using the in-app feedback button.
Submitting feedback using the in-app feedback button