Meet the simplest way to invite visitors - even users without a Miro profile can contribute to your work on boards! Once you make a board accessible for visitors, anyone with the board link can immediately access it.
Visitors can access your public boards without being registered with Miro. They are free of charge and can view/comment/edit depending on the access level you set.
How to enable access for visitors
You can enable different levels of access for visitors:
- viewing only on boards stored in free teams
- viewing/commenting/editing on Team, Consultant, Business, Enterprise, and Education plans
1. Open the board’s Share menu.
2. Enable public access: choose Can view/comment/edit in the drop-down menu of Anyone with the link option. Set a password if you need to additionally protect your board content (available on paid and Education plans only).
3. Copy the board link by clicking the blue button and send the link to your team, partners, or clients!
Sharing a board with visitors
✏️ If you allow anyone with the link to edit, the option to edit will be available for every user on the board (including all previously added viewers and commenters). Learn how board sharing works.
✏️ Public boards are not indexed by search engines.
✏️ Enterprise plan Company Admins can set mandatory passwords for all account boards. Learn more.
⚠️ The option may be missing on your board if your Enterprise Admin restricted public sharing. Learn more.
⚠️ The option to choose Can edit is not available on Free plan - you can only choose Can view.
How it works for visitors
Anyone who follows the board link (and enters password if it is enabled) can view/comment/edit the board depending on the selected access level. Visitors have access to your board as long as it's public.
Real names of non-registered visitors are not shown unless they sign in. Some users can enable visitors to specify their names on the board, learn more.
How it works for visitors with edit access
Visitors with edit access can edit board content, add widgets, upload files, leave comments, etc. Note that some functionality is not available for them.
Visitors with edit access can't:
- Change board name
- Change board sharing settings
- Access team dashboard
- Access any boards except for the board(s) shared with them via a public link
- Mention others in comments
- Start video chat/screen sharing/voting session
- Create, edit or add Asana, Jira, Microsoft Azure, or Rally cards from the cards picker (however, they will be able to view them)
- Download board backup
- Lock/unlock objects on the board (locked objects are also uneditable)
- Receive any board notifications
- Access Activity list and restore board content
- Save the board link to Google Drive
- View object info
- Edit boards in a browser on mobile
- Copy board content if this is not allowed in board content settings
- Duplicate, export a board if they're not registered with Miro or if this is not allowed in board content settings
- Bring collaborators' view to their view
✏️ Board owners on the Team, Consultant, Business, Enterprise, and Education plans can configure board content settings and define whether visitors can duplicate the board to their workspaces, download files/images/PDFs pasted on the board, copy widgets, export the board as an image/PDF.
- Apps that allow anyone to add visuals to the board, i.e. icons, images, stickers, tables and charts
- Apps that allow anyone to participate in group activities, i.e. Planning poker and ice breakers
- Wireframe Library
- User story map
- Planning Poker
- Adobe XD
- unDraw Symbols
Frequently asked questions
- I don't have Anyone with the link option on the board Share menu. Why?
- On Enterprise plan, Company Admins can restrict public sharing due to security reasons.
Please note that sharing for public editing is not supported on boards stored in free teams. You may need to switch to another team if you're a member of several ones.
The issue may also be caused by adblocking extensions enabled in your browser. Try to disable them and see if all sharing options appear.
- My visitors cannot access the board via the link I have shared with them. How can we proceed?
- Please make sure that you chose Can edit next to Anyone with the link option and sent the board link copied from the board Share menu or from the browser address bar, it should have the following format:
If the issue persists, ask the users to open the board in another browser or Incognito mode.
- Will my visitors receive an email invitation?
- No, visitors should not be invited to boards explicitly via email. You simply need to share the board publicly, copy the board link, and send it to your future visitors. Anyone with the board link will be able to edit its content unless you stop sharing the board publicly.
- Is a new board link generated when I share the board publicly?
- No, it's always the same board link that can be copied on the Share menu or in the browser address bar.
- How do I stop sharing my board with visitors?
- Open the board Share menu, choose No access next to Anyone with the link option.
- How many visitors can access my board at the same time?
- Learn more on this page.
- I have sent the link to a user so that they could join my board as a visitor with edit access, but they had to sign up and now they're on my team members list. Why?
- You might have sent the Board and Team invite link instead. Remove the user in Account settings > Active users, decrease the team size. Then copy the board link as shown here, and send it to your collaborator.