The Miro app for Zoom enables teams to build an all-in-one digital meeting room and effectively collaborate during meetings and workshops. The app provides Miro’s collaboration capabilities within Zoom. For Miro newcomers, we offer whiteboarding with registration-free access.
As soon as you install the app in Zoom, you can start sharing Miro boards at your Zoom meetings and create new ones right within Zoom.
Miro app for Zoom allows working on Miro boards with Zoom meeting participants
✏️ Check out the Admin guide for Miro app for Zoom to see how Zoom and Miro Admins can enable the experience for their users.
Available for: all Miro plans, all Zoom plans
*For Zoom Business and Enterprise plans, admin may need to pre-approve the Miro app
Available on: desktop version
How to install the app
Note: *For Zoom Business and Enterprise plans, an admin may need to pre-approve the Miro app for use in your organization.
Click the Request pre-approve button to request access from your company’s Zoom admin.
Request pre-approve for Miro app
Once approved users can authorize the Miro app for Zoom via the installation flow.
Allowing Miro to access your Zoom account
How to use the Miro app in the Zoom desktop client
Once authorized the app will redirect you to your Zoom desktop client and show the newly installed Miro app. Note that you need to have the Zoom desktop client (Version: 5.7.3 or higher) installed and be logged into your Zoom account to add the app.
The options to create a Miro board without registration or to sign in to your existing Miro profile
Create a board without Miro profile
We provide Zoom users that are new to Miro the option to try out a free simple online whiteboard without registration by creating a Miro board. This experience is a simpler, lighter version of Miro, perfect for instant ideation and collaboration. Such boards are available for 24 hours. If you want to continue using them afterward, simply log in or sign up for Miro to save your work.
Boards without registration within Zoom
Sign-in to access your Miro profile
Existing Miro users need to sign in to see their boards. This will redirect them to their system browser to sign in to Miro or directly authorize the app in Miro. You can choose to install the app for any team.
Install the app for one of your Miro teams
You will then be redirected back into the Zoom desktop app where you will see a picker with your boards.
Miro picker within Zoom app
How to use the app in meetings
Use a board during a meeting
Existing Miro users can leverage the full experience within Zoom. After signing in and connecting Miro to Zoom, participants can create a new board or pick an existing board.
Pick a board to open it within Zoom
Set board access settings
Define the appropriate permissions for sharing this board within Zoom. You can choose between four options:
- Anyone in Zoom can edit
- Anyone in the Zoom meeting can comment only (note that this option is not available if you share a board from free team)
- Anyone in the Zoom meeting can view only
- Private, Request access (which means that the sharing settings will be as on the Miro side)
✏️ By choosing Anyone can edit/comment/view access setting you're sharing the board with Zoom meeting participants free of charge.
✏️ If you select Private in this flow but the board is set to public availability on the Miro side, it will default to public availability in the Zoom as well. However, the access level that you set for the embedded board on the Zoom side does not affect the board sharing settings set on the Miro side. Learn more.
Configuring access settings for your board
✏️ For Enterprise plan Miro users, your access settings will follow organization-wide access controls which might imply that you can only share the board as in the board settings. Learn more: Managing Enterprise sharing policy for embed integrations.
The option to embed boards may be restricted by Company Admins on Enterprise plan
If you need to change access rights for an embedded board, delete it by clicking the cross icon in the drop-down menu and re-add it with a different access level.
Delete a board and re-add it by clicking Pick a board
Share and collaborate on boards with meeting participants
Use the Zoom app controls to share or collaborate on the board with participants:
- Share screen - this functions as the standard “Share Screen” and allows you to share the window that your Miro board is in. Recommended for when you only want to share content, but not allow access to the board
- Send - this enables you to share the board with participants to access and collaborate on the board within Zoom. Every recipient will be asked to install the app and might be required to sign in to collaborate on the board
- Expand - this allows you to expand the Miro board across the main screen of the meeting so that you can collaborate on the board while still keeping participants within view
- Collapse - will bring the Zoom app back into the smaller side-panel experience
Use the Zoom app controls to share or collaborate with participants as you need
How it works for your meeting participants
Once you click Invite and specify the group of users to notify, your meeting participants will see a notification suggesting to view the board.
Click Invite to invite meeting participants to your Miro board
The participants will be asked to install the app and might be required to sign in to collaborate on the board (depending on the access settings that you set up for the embedded board).
The notification that Zoom meeting participants will see
Switch between boards during the meeting
You can toggle between multiple boards during your meeting using the board menu in the top left of the Miro app window.
✏️ Only the board that was active when sending is available to other participants.
Switch between boards and add new ones
Access the Miro app before or after a meeting
You can also access the Miro app from within the Zoom client outside of meetings. Just click the Apps icon from your Zoom home screen and select Miro. From the app, you can the piker with boards.
Miro in Zoom apps
✏️ All open boards outside of the meeting in the main client will automatically be available in the Miro app for Zoom when opened in a meeting.
Best practices for using Miro and Zoom in a meeting
Learn more about preparing a Miro board for a meeting and find best practices for organizing a workshop or a meeting with Miro in this article: Miro for workshops and meetings.
How to uninstall the app
Uninstall in Zoom
- Login to your Zoom Account and navigate to Solutions > Zoom App Marketplace.
Opening Zoom Marketplace
- Click Manage > Installed Apps or search for the Miro app.
- Click Uninstall.
The option to uninstall the Miro Zoom app in Zoom
Uninstall in Miro
- Log in to your Miro accountand navigate to Team settings.
- Go to Apps & Integrations.
- Search for the Miro app for Zoom.
- Either uninstall the app for yourself or for the entire team.
The option to uninstall the Miro Zoom app in Miro
The following features are not currently supported on Miro boards inside Zoom:
- Downloading content in the Zoom App
- 3rd party Marketplace apps (e.g. Clusterizer)
- Private apps that you build only for your account
- Embedding external content (iframed prototypes from other tools)
✏️ We are facing stricter security requirements of what can be made available in this embedded context. Therefore, please reach out to your Zoom and Miro Customer Success Manager (for Enterprise plan customers).
Currently, the Zoom platform does not support managing Zoom breakouts for the integration but we are working on enabling this in the future.
Frequently asked questions
Which Zoom version is required?
- Version: 5.7.3 which can be downloaded here. Desktop version only.
What to do when participants join a Zoom meeting from tablet or mobile or Linux OS?
- Share the link to the board in the Zoom chat and enable them to access the board in a browser.
✏️ See also: Frequently asked questions about Zoom apps.
Possible issues and how to resolve them
- When I try to use the app, I get the error message "Unable to get Miro access token. Zoom user not found".
- Try to de-install the Zoom App and install the latest Zoom Desktop client from here.
When I click on the app section in Zoom, it directs me to Miro in a browser. I sign in to select a Miro team. When I click on the button to install, the link directs me to an empty page with the error message "This link is invalid".
- Try to make sure that you're logged in to your Zoom Desktop client and in the browser under the same email address.
- I am trying to set up the Miro-Zoom integration but getting the error "Miro will be back soon" during the sign-up process to choose the Miro board.
- Try to log out from Zoom in the browser and in the Zoom app, log in, and configure the plugin again. If that does not help, check the Miro Status Page to see if there're any known performance issues.