Miro plugin for Microsoft Teams allows you to get Miro notifications (such as new comments and mentions, any projects or team activities) and embed Miro boards into MS Teams channels. This ensures that your entire team is on the same page and helps you keep track of Miro activities in Microsoft Teams.
Available for: all Miro plans
In this article:
- Installing the plugin
- Connecting Miro profile with Microsoft Teams
- Types of notifications
- Embedding Miro boards into Microsoft Teams channels
- Uninstalling the plugin
- Frequently asked questions
Installing the plugin
First, you need to find Miro in Microsoft Teams Store or just follow the direct link.
⚠️ Please note that your tenant admin on the Microsoft Teams side should enable the Miro app within your 3rd party apps catalogue for Teams. Unless Miro is approved, it won't be listed among the apps in Microsoft Teams Store.
Click Add to install the plugin.
Miro plugin installation
After installing the plugin, you can start embedding Miro boards into a Microsoft Teams channel. However, if you'd like to start receiving notifications, you'll need to connect your Miro profile with MS Teams.
Connecting Miro profile with Microsoft Teams
Once having installed the Miro plugin, you'll be redirected to the chat. Type in the Connect command to authorize with your Miro credentials within Microsoft Teams.
Send a message to the bot
In the opened tab you'll need to authorize your Miro profile and select a Miro team - you will get notifications connected with the selected team.
⚠️ If you'd like to get notifications from several teams, you need to set up the integration for each team by connecting Miro in the chat several times.
Selecting a team
You will see the dashboard of this account and in Microsoft Teams you will see a greeting message from bot indicating that everything is set up.
Greeting message from Miro Bot
If you receive this message - you are good and from now on you will receive notifications of new comments and mentions.
Types of notifications
You can keep track of the following events:
- invitees sign up
- board is shared with you
- there's a new comment or a reply to your comment on a board
- someone @mentions you in a comment or reply.
The notifications will come to the Miro chat.
Embedding boards into Microsoft Teams channels
You can embed your boards into a Microsoft Teams channels by creating a new tab.
New tab icon
Find Miro in the list of apps and select it.
Miro in the list of applications
You'll see a picker with Miro boards. Сhoose a board that you would like to add to your Microsoft Teams channel. If you haven't authorized in Miro, you'll need to log in to Miro first.
The picker with Miro boards
Set the sharing settings for the board in the menu. You can make the board available for viewing and commenting by users who do not have a profile in Miro or choose the same sharing settings as on the Miro's side.
Sharing settings when embedding a Miro board into MS Teams
Once the board is embedded, you can start interacting with it right away.
Board embedded into a Microsoft Teams channel
Uninstalling the plugin
The plugin can be uninstalled in the Team settings > Apps & Integrations. You can uninstall the plugin either for you only or for the team.
If you uninstall the plugin for the whole team, all the team members who connected Miro with Microsoft Teams will stop getting notifications.
Uninstalling the plugin on the Miro's side
Frequently asked questions
1. Does each team member need to have a Miro profile to view embedded boards in Microsoft Teams?
- If you choose Anyone can view/Anyone can comment when embedding the board, even non-registered users will be able to view/comment the board. If you set the board to be Private, only registered users who have access to the board on Miro's side will be able to access the board (unless the board is shared publicly). The users need to be authorized in Miro in the browser.
2. Is it possible to get a summary of Miro boards' changes in a Teams channel?
- Unfortunately, it's not possible at the moment. We have the feature in the backlog but no ETA yet.
3. Who has the ability to embed a Miro board into a MS Teams channel?
- The option is available for the board editors who received the role on the board directly by invitation or indirectly through team/project access.
4. Once a board is embedded, who has the ability to change the board’s access in MS Teams (e.g. from “Anyone can view” to “Private”)?
- No one can change access to the attached board, not even the one who has attached it. However, anyone can click Settings on the tab, and then choose another (or the same) board for the same tab and select another access level for the chosen board.
5. I am registered with Miro under two emails and would like to embed a Miro board from my second Miro profile. How can I change the profile?
- The picker shows boards of the user with which you're authorized in Miro in the same browser. Open Miro in another browser tab, sign out and log in to your second profile.