You can duplicate a board from the dashboard or from the board info window.
Available on: browser version (desktop, tablet), Desktop app, Tablet app
Set up by: for boards on Free plan - team members;
for boards on Starter, Consultant, Business, Enterprise, and Education plans - users that are allowed to duplicate the board in the board content settings
How to duplicate a Miro board
To do that right from the board click the name of the board in the upper-left corner and you will see its info card and the option to Duplicate.
Duplicate option on the board info-card
✏️ If you are a guest on the board and do not have membership in any other Miro teams or have a Free Restricted license, you will be further suggested to create a new Miro team to save the board copy in.
To duplicate a board from the dashboard open the board context menu or right-click the board icon and choose Duplicate.
Duplicate option on the dashboard
After choosing Duplicate on the dashboard, you will have an option to set a new name for the copy. You will also be able to share it with the same people and, if the board is a part of a project, to choose whether the copy should also be placed in the same project folder.
Copy board window
Frequently asked questions
- If I change the content on the board copy, will the original board be affected?
- No, the content on the copy has no connection with the content on the original board.
- How can I duplicate board content to another existing board?
- Please select the needed content, copy, and paste it onto another board (you can use Ctrl+C/Ctrl + V for Windows or Cmd + C/Cmd + V for Mac).
- Can I duplicate several boards in bulk?
- No, this is not possible at the moment.
- Can I share my board with other users as a template so that they could duplicate it to their own teams?
- Yes, you need to make sure that this is allowed in your board content settings.