Set up by: Account Admin, Billing Admin
Miro cares about your work and the results that you achieve, so when your subscription expires you have nothing to worry about, your account is simply paused in a view-only mode until you prolong the subscription or choose a new plan. You can continue whenever it is convenient for you.
Points to keep in mind:
- Your subscription is associated with the team and not your profile. The subscription expiration affects only the team workspace and the boards located in it.
- If you are a member of several teams (for example, your free team and your corporate team) and your corporate one is paused, you can move your boards and still continue working on the free one.
When the paid time ends and the account expires, you will see the following notification on the dashboard:
A notification about a paused team on the dashboard
Click Choose your plan in the message and you will see the options to upgrade your account or downgrade to Free plan:
Note that after downgrading to Free plan, some of your boards may get locked in a view-only mode. The Free plan allows creating an unlimited number of boards but only 3 most recently created ones are available for editing and collaboration. Besides, private boards become inactive since board privacy is not supported on the Free plan. Learn in this article how you can unlock private boards.
After the downgrade, you will not be able to modify or delete your existing projects.
If you are a member of an account but do not have Admin/Billing admin rights there, you will see a message to contact your admin. All admins of your team can be seen in the Active Users section of the Account settings.
Frequently asked questions
- Can I export a board located in an expired team?
- Yes, you can export your board as an image, PDF, or CSV if you used to have Editor access on this board. The option to export as a PDF is available if the board contains frames.
- Who can re-activate a subscription/downgrade to Free?
- Account Admin, Billing Admin.
- Can I reactivate my subscription on a monthly basis if I used to have an annual subscription?
- Yes, you will be able to purchase a monthly or annual subscription.
- We upgraded with self-serve invoicing, paid our invoice, but our team expired. What do we do?
- Contact Miro Support and we will find a solution together.