Available for: Starter, Consultant, Business, Enterprise, and Education plans
Leaving a Miro board
The option to leave boards is available in paid and Education teams. Members of free teams cannot leave each other's boards as Free plan does not support board privacy. If you do not want to have access to a free team's board, you can leave the team.
If you were invited to a board and would now like to leave it, follow the steps below:
- Find the board you wish to leave on your dashboard.
- Click the three dots and choose Leave board.
- You will see a warning message saying that this action cannot be undone.
- After you click Leave you will lose access to the board and won't see it on your dashboard.
The option to leave a Miro board
✏️ If you'd like to leave a team, please check the article here.
Frequently asked questions
- I clicked the Leave board button but I still can see the board on my dashboard. Why?
- The board in question is shared with the whole team (the instruction on how to disable/enable this option can be found here).
- I don't have the Leave board button, what should I do?
- If the board belongs to a free team, it will be shared with the team by default as the board privacy is unavailable on Free plan. You can upgrade your team to create your own private boards. You can also sort your boards by board ownership (please check these guidelines). If you do not want to have access to the free team's board, you can leave the team.
If the board belongs to a paid team but you don't see the option to leave it, try to invite your email to the board (if you have the permission to share the board) and then leave it.
Please note, if you are the board owner, you will see the Delete button instead.
- I'm the board owner, but I don't want to delete my board, just leave it. How can I do that?
- To leave the board that you created, you need to transfer the ownership first. Please check this handy article about how to do that on your side.
- I've been invited to a Miro board but I'd like to have my own team. Is there a way to have it?
- If you were invited to a specific board(s) without being added to the team itself, and you don't have any other teams on your dashboard, you just need to leave the board(s). When no boards and teams are available to you, Miro will suggest that you create your own team.
If you were invited to the team as a member, you will have to leave the whole team. To do that, please check this article.
- I'm a Team Admin, but I can't delete or move other users' boards. What should I do?
- Only the board owner can delete or move their board. As a workaround, you can delete the board owner from the team - Miro will give you the opportunity to delete their boards along with the user.
- I'd like to move my boards to my own private space. How can I do it?
- Check this article: How to move a board.