You can easily select, move, group, change, and lock multiple objects on Miro boards. Follow the steps below to do that on your desktop, tablet, or mobile.
1. Check if the right navigation mode is set and change it if necessary:
Checking the navigation mode
2. Make sure you've activated the select mode on the toolbar:
Activating the select mode
3. If you use a mouse, hold down Shift and click the board
If you use trackpad, press it
If you work in the Mobile or Tablet app or use touchscreen, make a long tap
4. Drag the selection field across the needed objects. Or click them one by one while holding down Shift (if you work on a desktop)
Selecting and moving three stickies at once
💡 Select all elements on the board using Ctrl+A/Cmd+A shortcut.
You can also select objects with the Lasso tool:
Selecting objects with Lasso tool
Selecting, filtering, and modifying multiple objects
Make sure none of the objects you want to select is locked. Otherwise, you'll need to unlock them first by clicking the object and choosing Unlock.
Unlocking the object
💡 Another way to move objects together is to place them on one frame and move the frame. Learn more about frames in Miro.
Frequently asked questions
- I cannot drag the selection field. What do I do?
- Please make sure that you're using the correct navigation mode and switch to the select mode.
- I cannot group selected objects. Why?
- Please note that is not possible to group objects within tables and objects located on different frames.
- Can I select and move individual objects inside a group?
- Yes, double-click an object and drag it. Look how you do this on this page.
- After I move a group of objects, it keeps getting back to where it was. Why?
- Check of the Grid mode is enabled on the frame where the objects are located and try to disable it.