Using physical Post-it® Notes is extremely helpful for brainstorming, ideation, or personal reminders. Digitize and simplify your work by using the integration between the Post-it® App and Miro. The integration will allow you to export Post-it® Notes created and captured via Post-it® to Miro boards in order to continue creating the next big things!
Available for: all Miro plans and all Post-it® users
To learn more about the Post-it® App, visit this page. Install the mobile app and easily create or capture your notes.
How to export Post-it® Notes to Miro
✏️ Only text notes can be exported to Miro using the Post-it® App integration. Notes without text will be exported blank.
- After capturing your Post-it® Notes with the Post-it® App, select the Post-it® board of notes that you would like to transfer to Miro and click the export icon in the upper-right corner. Select Miro board.
- You will see the list of your notes and you will be able to make edits before exporting the notes to Miro. Press Next to continue. The app will ask you to choose a team where the Miro board will be created. Select Add a new team.
Exporting from Post-it® App to Miro
- You will be redirected to the in-app browser and will see the option to sign up for Miro. If you're already a Miro user, press Sign in at the top right corner of the screen and enter your credentials. Once you sign up/sign in, press Done in the upper-left corner to get back to the Post-it® App.
- Select Add a new team again. Here you will be brought to the web window which will display all of your Miro teams. Choose a team where you wish to create a board with Post-it® Notes and press Install next to the team.
✏️ You can export your notes to multiple Miro teams.
Linking a Miro team
- Once the Miro team has been linked, the Export button will become available. Press Export to export your Post-It notes to Miro. Ta-dah! You can now open the exported board in Miro or share the board link with others.
Exporting a board to Miro
Pressing Open board in Miro will get you into the in-app browser. Note that Miro mobile browser version has restricted functionality (no editing, viewing only) - feel free to install Miro's Mobile app to get access to the full feature set.
For the best experience, we recommend working on large screen devices such as tablets or laptops, desktops or office screens.
Pressing the Share link will share the board link with people you've selected. Note that unregistered users won't be able to access the board unless it is shared publicly. Registered users who have access to the board via email invitation or team/project/company access will be able to see the board.
Note that Miro's free plan has a limitation of three active boards: if the newly exported board exceeds this limit, the oldest board will get deactivated. You may need to upgrade your account to unlock unlimited boards. Students and educators can take advantage of our free Education plan that allows an unlimited number of active boards. Working for a Startup or NPO? Learn more about our complimentary plans: Miro for Startups Program, NPO Subscriptions.
Linking and unlinking Miro teams
To add another Miro team to export to, select Add a new team and choose a Miro team on the web pop-up.
The option to add a new Miro team to Post-it®
To unlink a team, go to Post-it® App settings > Linked services and select Unlink next to the team you'd like to disconnect from the app.
Unlinking Miro team from Post-it®