Using physical Post-it® Notes is extremely helpful for brainstorming, ideation, or personal reminders. Digitize your work by using the integration between the Post-it® App and Miro. The integration will allow you to export Post-it® Notes created and captured via Post-it® to Miro boards.
Available for: all Miro plans and all Post-it® users
To learn more about the Post-it® App, visit this page. Install the mobile app and easily create or capture your notes.
How to export Post-it® Notes to Miro
✏️ Only text notes can be exported to Miro using the Post-it® App integration. Notes without text will be exported blank.
- After capturing your Post-it® Notes with the Post-it® App, select the Post-it® board of notes that you would like to transfer to Miro and press the share icon in the upper-right corner. Select Miro board.
- You will see the list of your notes and you will be able to make edits before exporting the notes to Miro. Press Next to continue. The app will ask you to choose a team where the Miro board will be created. Select Add a new team.
Exporting from Post-it® App to Miro
- You will be redirected to the in-app browser and will see the option to sign up for Miro. If you're already a Miro user, press Sign in at the top right corner of the screen and enter your credentials. Once you sign up/sign in, press Done in the upper-left corner to get back to the Post-it® App.
- Select Add a new team again. Here you will be brought to the web window which will display all of your Miro teams. Choose a team where you wish to create a board with Post-it® Notes and press Install & authorize. You can only link teams that you're a full member of.
✏️ You can export your notes to multiple Miro teams.
Linking a Miro team
✏️ If the Post-It app is restricted in the Enterprise account that you'd like to export notes to, you will see the corresponding notification. Copy the app ID and send it to your Company Admin so that they approve the app in Company settings.
Post-it app needs to be approved by Company Admin
- Once the Miro team has been linked, the Export button becomes available. Press Export to export your Post-It notes to Miro. Ta-dah! Note that this will create a new board in your team. At the moment, it's not possible to export stickies to an existing Miro board.
You can now open the new board in Miro or share the board link with others.
Exporting a board to Miro
Pressing Open board in Miro will get you into the in-app browser. Note that Miro mobile browser version has restricted functionality (no editing, viewing only) - feel free to install Miro's Mobile app to get access to the full feature set.
For the best experience, we recommend working on large screen devices such as tablets or laptops, desktops, or office screens.
Pressing the Share link will share the board link with people you've selected. Note that unregistered users will not be able to access the board unless it is shared publicly. Registered users who have access to the board via email invitation or team/project/company access will be able to see the board. Check out this guide to learn how you can share your Miro boards with other users.
Note that Miro Free plan has a limitation of three active boards: if the newly exported board exceeds this limit, the oldest board will get deactivated. You may need to upgrade your account to unlock unlimited boards. Students and educators can take advantage of our free Education plan that allows an unlimited number of active boards. Working for a Startup or NPO? Learn more about our complimentary plans: Miro for Startups Program, NPO subscriptions.
Linking and unlinking Miro teams
To add another Miro team, select Add a new team and choose a Miro team on the web pop-up.
The option to add a new Miro team to Post-it®
To unlink a team, go to Post-it® App settings > Linked services.
Linked services in Post-it® app settings
Select Unlink next to the team you'd like to disconnect from the app.
The option to unlink a Miro team from the Post-it app
If you need to change the linked profile, log out of Miro in your device web browser or clear the browser data. Once you try to link a new Miro team, you will be suggested to log in to Miro again.