The Miro app for Microsoft Teams brings the power of the infinite whiteboard to the Teams space to enable collaboration in one seamless experience. As soon as you install the Miro app in Microsoft Teams, you can access Miro boards across your entire workspace.
⚠️ Please note that your tenant admin on the Microsoft Teams side must enable the Miro app within your 3rd party apps catalogue for Microsoft Teams. Unless Miro is approved, it won't be listed among the apps in Microsoft Teams Store.
⚠️ Microsoft does not support the ability for guest users to use apps in a Teams meeting, users must be logged into Teams in order to use any apps (including Miro).
✏️ You can add a Miro board to a scheduled meeting only.
✏️ Check out the Admin guide for the Miro app for Microsoft Teams to see how Teams and Miro Admins can enable the experience for their users.
Available for: all Miro plans, all Microsoft Teams plans. Permission and access settings will vary based on plan type
Available on: Desktop version. Meeting organizers can only share a Miro board to the meeting stage via the Microsoft desktop app, not the web version. All Meeting participants who are signed in to Teams can join and collaborate on the board from the Microsoft web-app, mobile, or tablet
Learn more about Miro and Microsoft Teams:
- Embedding boards into Teams channels
- Miro notifications in Teams
- Adding Miro boards to Teams Calendar events
Using the Miro app in Teams meetings
- Registered and logged-in Teams users can launch Miro boards directly in the meeting and allow participants to collaborate together
- Any Teams user who has authorized the Miro app can add Miro to the meeting. Any Teams user with a Miro account can share a board to center stage
- Users who join a meeting in MS Teams via mobile or tablet can only view an attached Miro board and cannot edit or comment it
How to add Miro to the meeting
To add Miro to the Teams meeting, click on the dropdown More actions and select +Add an app. You can add a Miro board to a scheduled meeting only.
Adding the Miro app to the meeting
Search for Miro and click on the Miro icon.
The Miro app within the Microsoft Teams meeting
Here, you will be asked to sign up or sign in to your Miro profile.
Sign in to Miro
Select which board you want to present or choose to create a new, blank Miro board.
Selecting a Miro board to embed into the meeting
Here, you can set permissions for the rest of the meeting participants and give or restrict access to the board. You can choose from these permission types:
- Anyone can edit (no sign-in required)
- Anyone can comment (no sign-in required)
- Anyone can view (no sign-in required)
Access settings for an embedded board
Now you can access your Miro board any time during the meeting in the specific board tab. If you create multiple boards, there will be a single tab for each board.
The Miro app icon inside the Microsoft Teams meeting
If you click on Miro, you will see the Miro tab pop up on the right side with the board you have attached to this meeting. You can select the Share-to-Stage button to send the board to all the participants and collaborate together at the same time.
The button to send the board to all the meeting participants
You can stop sharing the board any time by clicking the Stop presenting button at the top.
Board access settings
Define the appropriate permissions for sharing this board within Microsoft. You can choose between four options:
- Anyone in MS Teams can edit
- Anyone in MS Teams can comment only (note that this option is not available if you share a board from free team)
- Anyone in MS Teams can view only
- Private (which means that the sharing settings will be as on the Miro side)
Anyone can options enable anyone in your MS Teams tenant to access the board. This includes:
- Other Miro users from outside your organization
- Users who do not have a Miro account
- Users in your organization that are not logged in to Miro
✏️ If you select Private in this flow but the board is set to public availability on the Miro side, it will default to public availability in the MS Teams as well. However, the access level that you set for the embedded board on the Microsoft Teams side does not affect the board sharing settings set on the Miro side. Learn more.
✏️ For Enterprise plan Miro users, your access settings will follow organization-wide access controls. Public link sharing for embeds needs to be enabled in Company settings > Security. Learn more: Managing Enterprise sharing policy for embed integrations.
If you need to change access rights for an embedded board, remove the tab and re-add it with a different access level.