You can copy content on your Miro boards and easily share it outside Miro. When you copy content as text or as an image, it’s saved to your clipboard and you can paste it onto any other platform or service.
Available on: desktop browser, Desktop app, Tablet app
Who can copy board content
The option to copy content on a board is available for users with a Miro profile and visitors with editing access. If you don’t have a Miro account and can only view or comment on the board, you need to sign up first in order to be able to copy content.
Additionally, the board owner/co-owner will need to allow copying board content. Learn how board owners can allow or restrict copying and exporting board and content.
Allowing anyone with the board access to copy the board content
Copy as text
- Select an object or multiple objects
- Press Ctrl + C (for Windows) or Cmd + C (for Mac). The text will be copied to your clipboard
- To paste the text on another board or platform, press Ctrl + V (for Windows) or Cmd + V (for Mac)
If you select several text objects and copy them, the text will be pasted separated by line breaks.
Copying Miro objects as text
Copy as image
To copy one or several objects on your board as an image:
- Select the objects
- Click the three dots on the context menu and select Copy as image. Or press Ctrl + Shift + C (for Windows) or Cmd + Shift + C (for Mac). The image will be copied to your clipboard
- To paste the image on another board or platform, press Ctrl + V (for Windows) or Cmd + V (for Mac). The image will be created in PNG format.
Copying sticky notes as an image
Frequently asked questions
2. If you don’t have a Miro profile and can only view or comment the board, sign up to Miro in order to be able to copy the board content
3. If the board owner allows you to copy the board content, but the issue still persists, open the board in another browser and check if you can copy content.