During team and company planning events like Program Increments (PI), Big Room, Roadmapping and Sprints, development teams discuss and align with each other.
With planner for Azure, facilitators and teams can run and participate in planning events on a Miro board, while also syncing updates to their Azure board in real-time — saving hours of manual work.
How to create a planner for Azure DevOps
✏️ To use planner for Azure DevOps, first set up your Azure integration.
- Go to the creation toolbar on the left side of your board.
- Click More apps (+) and search ‘Planner’.
- Click Planner.
- A cursor will appear on the board. Click anywhere to place a blank planner.
- The data source of your planner will default to the integration you have authorized. If you haven't yet authorized an integration, it will default to Jira. You can easily change this to Azure DevOps by clicking the dropdown labeled Jira and selecting Azure DevOps.
- If you haven’t yet authorized your Azure DevOps account in Miro, you'll be prompted to log in.
- Once you're logged in, click the Azure project dropdown and select a project to connect to the planner.
- Next click the Teams dropdown and select a team.
- The first Columns field is your column type. Iteration is automatically selected. More Azure fields are coming soon.
- Use the second Columns dropdown to further refine which iterations you want to display.
How to work with the planner
Drag Azure cards across columns to update them. For example, dragging a Azure card from Iteration 1 to Iteration 2 in the planner will update it in both Miro and Azure.
Participants can comment on Azure cards to track ongoing discussions and notes.
Commenting on the planner
From Miro to Azure
When you drag a card between custom fields in Miro, Azure is updated automatically. This may take a few seconds.
From Azure to Miro
To make sure your planner remains up to date with changes you make in Azure, select the planner and click the Sync button in the context menu.
Syncing the planner with Azure
Not seeing your team's sprints?
Make sure that your iterations in Azure are mapped back to your team so that you can visualize them in the planner.
- Go to your Project in Azure.
- At the bottom of the right-hand side menu, click Project settings icon.
- Go to the Boards section, and click Team configuration.
- Click the Iterations tab at the top of the screen.
- Click + Select iteration. Make sure you have added all the iterations related to your team.
Adding iterations to Azure
Participants can visually map dependencies between tasks on the planner. Learn more about Dependencies for Azure.