Miroverse is where the Miro community shares their tried and true workflows, projects, and frameworks for anyone to start using with a few simple clicks.
Available for: all plans
Set up by: board owner
We accept submissions with the following approaches:
- Educational Templates. Think of these as community templates or teaching tools. Structured boards provide starting points that users can adapt for their own purposes
- Inspirational Boards. Think of these as examples, showcasing your work. Seeing the real-world content of your boards is helpful for others to get inspired
Before submitting your template, review this checklist
- I've created a Miroverse profile, added my photo, bio, current role, and links to my social accounts/my website
- I've prepared a high-quality cover image for my template that showcases the board itself or one of the frames (no branded promotional images)
- My template and its description are written in English
- I’ve prepared a description of my template with more than 400 characters and includes:
- What: What is the template about? Why did you create this template?
- Who: Think of who might benefit from this template. Is this for small groups or individuals?
- When: Scenarios for when this template is most useful
- How: Step-by-step instructions and tips for using this template
- Acknowledgements: Credit other contributors
- If submitting an educational template, I've provided enough sample or demo content to indicate proper use. Here are some examples: Alex Ivanov's Team Canvas or Julia Cowing's Customer Question
- I've removed all sensitive, confidential, or proprietary content or imagery
- I've checked that I have the legal rights for the content to be shared publicly (including images) and given attribution that credits and links to the source when using open-source content
- I’ve removed all overtly promotional content from the template that doesn’t provide any functional value (this goes in your profile instead)
- (Optional) I’ve created a video walkthrough of my board and linked it
- I've completed all the required fields in the submission form
Content guidelines for Miroverse submissions
Templates are great starting points for others to build on and really make their own. With this in mind, there are a few content guidelines we ask you to follow:
- Create a clear starting point and flow. Make it easy to follow each part of your process right from the beginning by keeping a clear structure. Frames can be a helpful way to guide viewers through steps
- Provide guidance. Take the time to teach people how to use your approach by breaking it down into steps to guide them through it
- Share examples. Most people will be interested in your specific process and experience. Examples help make this concrete and bring your ideas to life
- Easy to adapt. Keep the content flexible by limiting the number of locked elements and ensuring all text fields are editable (for example, avoid text in images)
- Keep it relevant and useful. Since others will be using the template in various contexts, we do not allow direct advertising or promotion. Every piece of content should have a point or identity outside of the brand, company, or person writing about it
- Privacy and reputation. Content that violates the privacy of others, including confidential or sensitive information (such as email addresses, identifying data, and so forth), is not permitted without the subject’s express consent
- Visual consistency and quality. Please aim for consistency with images, fonts, and colors. Low-grade stock imagery should be avoided if possible
- Video walkthroughs. Add relevant insights that highlight your personal approach and problems that your framework solves. We recommended video length be around 3-10 minutes. Videos can be simply recorded with Loom or any other screen-recording tool. For further tips, here’s how to record a video walkthrough
For any content that raises concerns, we will err on the side of caution and will not upload it, and/or we will notify you that we have taken it down by request.
How to submit your template (Beta)
To get your board published in Miroverse, you first need to have a Miroverse profile. From there, once you navigate to the drop-down menu next to your avatar, you’ll be able to select Submit template to open the submission flow.
Open the submission form via your profile in the top right of any page
In the submission form you’ll be asked to:
- select a board
- give your template a title. Max 42 characters.
- choose up to 3 relevant categories
- add the board description. Minimum 400 characters.
- attach a Youtube or Wistia video (optional)
- upload a cover image
✏️ Note that only boards where you are the board owner will appear in the dropdown selection.
You’ll also find an option to preview your template before submitting it for review.
Preview your submission before submitting it for review
All the changes are automatically saved. To exit the editing mode (submission form), click Miroverse in the top left corner. The template will appear as a draft on your profile page and will be visible to you only. You can edit and submit the draft any time later.
Find all your templates in your profile including saved drafts and submission status updates
If you need to edit, preview, or delete a draft, click the three dots and choose the corresponding option.
The option to delete a template draft
After you select Submit your template, it will be shared with the Miroverse submissions team for review.
From there, the submissions team will either hit publish after reviewing, or send you feedback to get your template ready. Either way, we’ll let you know via the email address you’ve used to set up your Miroverse profile.
💡 If you have any questions about the process you can reach the submissions team by replying to any of the submission status emails.
Miroverse template editing mode
Navigate to your template and select Edit from the top right of the template page, just above the preview, to open the template editing mode.
Entering the template editing mode
You can also enter a template editing mode for your published templates from your profile.
Entering the template editing mode from your Miroverse profile
From here, you’ll be able to edit your template name, categories, board description, video links, cover image, and upload updated boards.
Frequently asked questions
- How do I adjust the preview for my template?
- Set the start view for your board before uploading it to the submission form.