When you first sign up for Miro, all email notifications are turned on by default. You can customize your notifications or unsubscribe.
In this article:
Setting up board updates
Miro notifications can be of three sorts: emails, mobile push and Slack. To set up your preferences, open the Profile Settings > Notifications and define whether you want to be notified of the following:
- a board is shared with you
- a board is shared with the team
- someone requests access to your board
- someone comments in threads you are following
- someone @mentions you in a comment
- your invitees sign up
- someone requests access to your team
- someone invites you to a team
- someone adds you to a project
- summary of changes on your boards.
✏️ When you activate the summary of changes on your boards, you can set your time zone. This will define the time zone for all your Miro notifications.
✏️ Your time zone is set automatically during registration based on your device settings. If the timezone cannot be determined it is set to Pacific Time by default. The timezone is defined once and is not changed unless changed by the user in settings.
Remember to specify:
a) when you'd like to start receiving the notifications
b) how often you'd like to be updated on the changes
c) your time zone.
You can choose the way you'd like to be updated - email, mobile push or Slack.
Your notification preferences
Setting up Miro updates
In this section, you may choose what type of newsletters about the service you wish to receive. We'll let you know when new features come out, tell you about helpful case studies or interesting events that are coming.
At the bottom of the page, you can unsubscribe from any messages from Miro.
Your Miro updates
Following board threads
You can also configure notifications for particular boards: open a board and enable/disable the option to follow comment threads in the board settings.
Feel free to set notifications for particular comment threads.
The option to start/stop following comment thread
Frequently asked questions
- Can I change notification preferences for other members of my team?
- No, every user can manage their notifications individually in Profile Settings.
Join us on social media for all the latest news and updates and great content.