After upgrading the team, you can manage your subscription in the Billing section of your Account settings. See below how you can change your payment method, modify the subscription type, or cancel further renewals.
In this article:
- Billing settings
- Managing your payment method
- Switching from monthly to annual subscription
- Changing subscription size
- Changing your plan
- Cancelling the subscription
- Subscription reactivation
- Billing emails
- Frequently asked questions
The account Admins and a user who upgraded the team (Billing admin) have access to Billing settings and can manage the subscription. To access the settings, you also need to be a member of the account.
✏️ To get to Billing settings on Consultant plan, open Company settings.
✏️ The options to change team size/type of billing/plan are not available if your subscription is canceled.
Managing your payment method
To change your payment method:
1) Open the Account settings > Billing. Open the tab Payment methods > Change card:
Changing the card on file
2) Type in new card details and hit Save changes.
Saving new card details
Switching from monthly to annual subscription
1) Open the Account Settings > Billing > Overview and click Switch to yearly.
Switching to the annual subscription
2) You will be shown exact details of your subscription and price and will need to confirm the changes by clicking Purchase.
Confirm subscription upgrade
When you switch from monthly billing to annual, your renewal date is changed. The amount for the unused time on the monthly subscription is applied to the purchase.
Please note that you can only switch from a monthly subscription to annual and not vice versa. If you need to switch from annual to monthly please reach out to Miro Support for assistance.
Changing subscription size
The Admins or Billing admin can change the account size in Billing settings > Overview. Here you can add more seats or remove vacant licenses. Note that your team size can't be less than the current number of members - if you wish to decrease your team size and subscription cost, you may need to remove team members first in the Active users tab (the option is available for Admins only).
The option to change team size in Billing settings
If you accidentally added extra-members and increased your subscription cost, follow these steps.
To learn more about prorated charges for additional seats, check here.
Changing your plan
Please check this article for instructions on how to change your plan.
Cancelling the subscription
If you need to pause your work for some time, feel free to cancel your renewals at any moment. To stop further renewals:
1. Open the Account Settings > Billing.
2. In the Overview section, there is an option to Cancel subscription, in case your subscription is active.
The option to cancel the subscription in the Billing section
After you cancel the subscription, you can use the paid features until the end of the paid period. When it's over, your boards are not deleted, instead, all boards get locked in a view-only mode until you re-activate your subscription or downgrade to Free. For more details, check here.
In case you cancel your subscription but would like to use it further, you can re-activate it. To do so you should:
1) Open the Account Settings > Billing;
2) In the Overview tab choose Re-activate subscription in the Plan details or Billing actions sections.
Re-activating the subscription
All the invoices are sent to the email address specified in the field Billing emails are sent to ... (Account settings > Billing > Overview > Billing actions). To change the email click Change email:
The option to change contact for billing related emails
All the Team admins can see and download the post-payment invoices in Account settings > Billing > Invoices. Learn more in the corresponding article Post Payment invoice.
If you think that you were incorrectly charged, contact Miro Support specifying the transaction details (the last 4 digits of the credit card, the card's expiration date, the transaction amount and date).
Please note that some special offers are non-refundable.
Frequently asked questions
- Can I remove my card from the settings?
- You can replace your card with another one or cancel your subscription if you'd like to stop further charges.
- Where can I get a cheque/receipt?
- Check out this article for more details: Post Payment Invoice.
- Can I transfer my subscription to another person?
- Yes, invite the person to the team, promote them to the Account Admin in Account settings > Active users, and indicate their email as the billing contact in Billing settings. The user will be able to manage the account and subscription and will receive billing-related notifications.