Available for: Jira Cloud, Jira Server ((On-Premise) (LDAP-protected too))
Set up by: Jira System Admin.
To update Jira Cards on the board, Miro must receive messages from Jira with the data changes events. These Jira events are transmitted in Miro via a WebHook. There are two ways to create a WebHook in Miro.
Option 1 (recommended): Create a WebHook automatically
When setting up your Jira cards plugin, leave the option Create a WebHook automatically activated. Please note, for the automatic WebHook creation you should be logged into Jira as an administrator.
Jira Cards settings, Step 2: "Create a webhook automatically" is enabled
After creating the WebHook don't forget to go to your Jira WebHooks page and edit it to have a unique name in case you plan to connect several Miro teams to your Jira instance.
Option 2: Create a WebHook manually
How to get the WebHook
(1) Unsign the option Create a webhook automatically > (2) copy & paste the Jira URL and click Connect >
Jira Cards settings, Step 2: "Create a webhook automatically" is disabled
(3) authorize in Jira > (4) and then you will get the Webhook URL in Miro:
✏️ If you are not a Jira System administrator, please send the WebHook URL to your Jira administrator to create a WebHook on the Jira side.
How to apply the WebHook
- To get to the WebHooks page in Jira go to Administration > System > Advanced > WebHooks. Alternatively, use the following link having added the unique name of your Jira instance (the link works for both Server and Cloud although we cannot guarantee the success for every version): https://JiraInstanceName/plugins/servlet/webhooks
- Click Create a WebHook - the button should be in the top right corner:
Create a WebHook button
- Enter the WebHook Name, set the WebHook status as Enabled, paste the WebHook URL copied from Miro:
System Webhooks in Jira
- Choose the events updated and deleted in the Issue section and click Create.
Jira WebHook settings
- Return to Step 2 in Miro settings, fill out your Jira URL and hit Connect.
Now the WebHook is created, Jira Cards are enabled and can be updated automatically. All the changes made in Jira are reflected in Jira Cards on the board.