Enterprise plan provides the advanced permission settings and allows you to easily configure the needed level of access and security for your teams. You can select the Team discovery, Invitation settings, Sharing settings, and Board content settings that meet your company's needs and policies. The settings are configured for each team under Enterprise subscription.
✏️ When creating a new team within an Enterprise subscription, Company Admins can select default permissions settings or pick a team to copy the team permissions. Learn more about the default settings below.
Available for: Enterprise plan
Set up by: Company Admins, Team Admins
To access team permissions, open the Team settings, click Permissions, and check Team discovery settings.
You can make your team open for joining by other Enterprise users or hide it - learn more in the article Manage Team privacy and discovery on Enterprise plan. The setting can be changed by Company Admins and Team Admins if they are allowed to invite new members to the team.
Team discovery settings on Enterprise plan
Team Invitation settings on Enterprise plan
Company Admins can also configure board sharing permissions in the Sharing settings section.
First of all, you can define who can create new content (boards, projects, and templates) in the team and move boards to the team. This is extremely helpful if you need to set up a dedicated team for auto-provisioning or use a team as storage for certain boards. You can allow this to all members, Company Admins only, or to Company Admins and Team Admins.
The option to define who can create new content in the team on Enterprise plan
You can allow or forbid team members to share boards and projects with the whole team, entire company, or via public links. If you restrict these types of sharing, the options will get removed from the team boards. Learn more.
Board sharing settings on Enterprise plan
It is also possible to set up Sharing settings for the team newly created boards and projects. Both Company and Team Admins have access to the setting.
⚠️ The option Anyone at company can find and view/comment is not shown if Team privacy is enabled.
Default board and project sharing settings
Company Admins can set allowed domains for a team.
Below Company Admins can see the setting to restrict or allow moving boards to and from the team.
The options to set allowed domains and restrict/allow moving boards on Enterprise plan
Company and Team Admins can configure board content settings for a team: choose whether users outside the team should be able to copy board content (as well as duplicate the team boards and download board content) and decide for whom this option should be available on newly created boards (unless the board owner selects another option).
Board content settings
As a part of the content security settings, Company and Team Admins can also configure a default label for newly created boards in the team. The team's default label will override the Company's default label configured in the Company board classification settings.
At the bottom of the page, you will see the Collaboration settings section. Here Team and Company Admins can enable the board co-owner role which is disabled by default. Note that the option is greyed out if the role is not allowed at the Company level. Learn more.
Collaboration settings on Enterprise plan
If you choose Default permission settings when creating a new Enterprise team, the following settings will be chosen:
- Team discovery settings: members can join after approval
- Invitation settings: all team members can invite new users and guest collaborators are allowed
- All team members can create assets in this team
- Board sharing: team members can share their content with the team for viewing, commenting, and editing, share with the entire company for viewing and commenting, and publicly for viewing and commenting (if public sharing is allowed on the Company level)
- Settings for board sharing: only board owners can access
- Project sharing settings: only project owners can access
- Allowed domains for the team: the toggle to restrict allowed domains is off. Allowed domains configured on Company level are applied
- Moving boards to other teams: allowed
Board content settings
- Copying board content: allowed for team members and users outside the team
- Default board copying: team members with editing rights can copy board content on newly created boards
- Board classification: the option to override the default label is disabled
- Collaboration settings: co-owner role is disabled
Choosing Default permission settings when creating a new team on Enterprise plan