Quickly visualize a timeline and keep your work organized with the Timeline Builder. To remove the hassle of manually creating a timeline, simply play with a few settings, like timeframe and interval, and let the builder do the creation work.
Install the Timeline Builder
To install the app for your team, go to Miro Marketplace and click Get app. Then select a team for which you’d like to install the builder.
Or install the builder from within a Miro board. Click the arrows icon on the toolbar, type in the app name in the search bar, and click Add.
⚠️ Non-admin users can't install apps if it's not allowed by Admins in the Apps & Integrations settings.
Installing the Timeline Builder
Add a timeline
You will find the Timeline Builder among your apps. You can drag the app on the toolbar for your convenience.
Adding the Timeline Builder to the creation toolbar
Having selected the app, you will be able to configure the timeline settings.
- Whether you’re doing a weekly team planning, quarterly roadmaps, or yearly strategic planning, choose the interval that makes sense for the situation: hours, days of the week, days, weeks, months, quarters, years
- Set the timeframe (e.g. January - May if you’ve chosen months as an interval)
- Add labels to swimlanes (e.g. Marketing, Product, Support if your timeline should include different streams). To add a swimlane, click the plus button
- Choose the color for your timeline, the palette has 4 options: blue, green, red, pink
- Select vertical or horizontal orientation
- Enable or disable alternate column or raw shading
Click Insert to create the timeline.
Configuring the Timeline Builder settings
Add data to your timeline
As soon as the timeline is created, you can start adding information with sticky notes, cards (including Jira Cards, Asana Cards, etc.), shapes, or by simply inserting text. Drop any object, including images, on the timeline to map out the events and tasks.
Adding data to the timeline