Miro tables enable you to structure all of your board content in a matter of seconds.
Use tables to:
- create visual tables with widgets and text to organize your board content
- create templates for repeatable processes that look sleek and are easy to edit
⚠️ Make sure you're using the correct navigation mode.
Drag the widget icon from Apps to your toolbar to access tables quickly.
Adding table to toolbar
To add a table to the board, choose it in the Apps or toolbar and click the board in the needed place.
Adding a table to the board
You can choose the necessary size of the table right on the toolbar.
⚠️ The maximum selected table size is 15x15. You will be able to add more rows and columns. The maximum number of columns in a table is 50. The maximum number of rows is 50.
Selecting the table size
To move your table, select it by clicking its border and drag.
Moving a table
Table context menu
There are many useful features that can help you to perform your task on tables. Here is the description of each function:
|Add row or column|
|Delete row or column|
|Set cell color and opacity|
|Set border color for table|
|Change text size|
|Change text style|
|Change text color|
|Change text alignment|
Add any content to a table - a sticky note, shape, card, or image. Working with the content, you can easily drag it over the table using the auto-resize feature.
Adding content using the auto-resize feature
The auto-resize feature is enabled by default. To turn it off click Cell resize > Manual on the context menu or press Ctrl/Cmd when dragging objects onto the table. To turn it on again click Cell resize > Auto.
Changing auto cell resize to manual resize
Columns and rows
✏️ If you cannot select a column/row/cell, make sure to enable the select mode and try to zoom in. Small cells cannot be edited at a high zoom level.
✏️ To select the whole table, click the table border (make sure to enable the select mode).
There are several options to add columns and rows to your table:
- By clicking the plus button on the navigation toolbar
Adding columns and rows
- By clicking the plus icons near the table
Adding columns and rows
- By clicking the plus icon next to three dots that pop up against a column/row
Adding a row on the top of a table
Drag and drop the three dots of rows and columns to change their position in your table.
Moving columns and rows
To change the color of a column or a row, select it by clicking the three dots and choose the color on the drop-down menu.
Changing the row color
You can also change the color of a particular cell or the whole table.
Changing the color of a particular cell and the whole table
To change a column/row's width, drag its border (make sure to enable the select mode).
Changing the size of a row
To resize all rows or columns at once, select the entire table and drag the borders.
Resizing all columns and rows
To delete a column or a row, click the three dots and choose the trash icon on the context menu.
Deleting a column from a table
To merge cells, select them by dragging the selection field and choose Merge cells on the menu. You can unmerge cells at any moment.
Merging and unmerging cells in a table
Working with text
To add text, click a cell and start typing. To change existing text, double-click the cell. Change the size, color, and position of the text. You can also create a bulleted list by clicking the button Add list.
You can change the formatting of the whole table, row, or column.
Changing the formatting of the whole table
✏️ Every cell has a limit of 6,000 symbols. The limit includes spaces and all style changes in code, so text formatting may decrease the number of symbols you can input.
✏️ To insert a link into the text, select the text and press Ctrl + V (for Windows) or Cmd + V (for Mac).
💡 Speed up your work by using the shortcuts:
- Ctrl + B (for Windows) or Cmd + B (for Mac) to make text bold
- Ctrl + I (for Windows) or Cmd + I (for Mac) to make text italic
- Ctrl + U (for Windows) or Cmd + U (for Mac) to underline text
- Option + arrows to move between cells (for Mac)
- Alt + arrows to move between cells (for Windows)
Table text hotkeys
Importing from Microsoft Excel or Google Spreadsheets to Miro table
Copy cells in your Microsoft Excel document or Google Spreadsheets, select a cell in your Miro table, and press Ctrl + V (for Windows) or Cmd + V (for Mac). The content from the spreadsheet will be copied to the table!
Copying from a spreadsheet to Miro tables
Exporting your table
You can export tables as a CSV file by choosing the option on the context menu. To select the entire table, click its border. You can also export it as an image or PDF - learn more about Miro export here.
The option to export tables to CSV
Frequently asked questions
- Can I copy cells from one table to another?
- Yes, select the cells, use the shortcut Ctrl + C (for Windows) or Cmd + C (for Mac) to copy the cells, select a cell in another table, and use Ctrl + V (for Windows) or Cmd + V (for Mac) to paste the content.
✏️ To copy the whole table, select it by clicking the border, click three dots on the context menu, and select Copy (or copy using the shortcuts above).
- Can I change the border color of my table?
- Yes, select the table and choose the color on the context menu.
Changing the border color
- Can I change the style of the table name?
- No, you can only modify text within your table.
- Can I enter vertical text in the table?
- No, but you can create text by using the text tool, rotate it vertically, and put it into the table.