Many factors can affect board performance: in particular, the number and type of widgets used, the number of users working simultaneously on the board, other applications running on your device, and the characteristics of the device itself. Take a look at the tips below to achieve the best remote collaboration experience with Miro.
⚠️ Please make sure that your device and network meet the system requirements.
Improve performance during collaborative sessions
The board is likely to slow down with the number of users and during their intensive activity. Users with older and less powerful devices will experience a slow-down earlier.
The number of objects you see on the board and the size of the uploaded files also affect performance during collaboration. The widgets that may slow down board loading more often are pen drawings, uploaded files (PDFs, images), and tables.
If you're participating in a collaborative session:
- participate in collaboration in a browser
- close all redundant browser tabs and windows
- hide collaborators’ cursors
- close all sidebars
- avoid changing many widgets at the same time
- minimize navigation over the board
If you're planning a collaborative session, you can optimize performance for participants:
- clear up the board of unnecessary content; try to upload SVG files instead of PDF files to make board content less heavy
- invite users who don’t need edit access as viewers (not applicable to boards shared with a public link for editing/commenting)
Improve performance on large boards
The maximum number of objects on the board is 100,000. For a better experience, we recommend keeping boards below 20,000 objects. Boards with a large number of widgets become less smooth to navigate and take more time to load, open, and draw the widgets.
To speed up a large board, keep it tidy:
- delete unnecessary content
- remove heavy documents (files that are hard to render, such as vector PDFs with detailed structures) or convert heavy PDFs and images in high resolution to PNG/SVG files
- resolve comments
- convert your handwriting to images (make a screenshot of drawing widgets instead)
- split the board into a few boards (copy and paste large parts of content into another board and then delete it from the original board)
Frequently asked questions
Does the board performance depend on the plan I am using (free/paid)?
No, the board performance is not affected by your plan.
Do the sharing settings of my board impact the performance?
The sharing settings should not affect board performance, including company-wide sharing.