Many factors can affect board performance: in particular, the number and type of widgets used, the number of users working on the board at the same time, the applications running on your device, and the characteristics of the device itself. Be sure to check the system requirements and the tips below to achieve the best remote collaboration experience with Miro.
Improve performance during collaborative sessions
The board is likely to slow down with the number of users and during their intensive activity. Users with older and less powerful devices will experience a slow-down earlier.
The number of widgets you see on the board also affects performance during collaboration.
If you're participating in a collaborative session:
- Participate in collaboration in a browser
- Close all redundant browser tabs and windows
- Hide collaborators’ cursors
- Close all sidebars
- Avoid changing many widgets at the same time
- Minimize navigation over the board
If you're planning a collaborative session, you can optimize performance for participants:
- clear up the board of unnecessary content
- Invite users who don’t need edit access as viewers (not applicable for boards shared with a public link for editing/commenting).
Improve performance on large boards
The maximum number of widgets on the board is 100 000. Boards with a large number of widgets become less smooth to navigate and take more time to load, open, and draw the widgets.
To speed up a large board, keep it tidy: