Introducing Miro Lite – a free simple online whiteboard you can use without signing up or signing in. Run your next online brainstorming or tutoring session in Miro Lite. Simply go to miro.com/lite, create a board, and share the link with your team.
Miro Lite is available for free to all users without registration on desktop and tablet devices. You can also use it with a stylus on tablets as it supports palm rejection and Apple Scribble.
To start using Miro Lite, open miro.com/lite in the browser, and create a new board.
You can share this link with your team, and they will be able to collaborate with you in real-time without signing in or signing up for Miro. To share the link, click on the ‘Share’ button in the upper right corner of your screen – the link to the board will be copied to your clipboard, and anyone with the link will get editing access to your Miro Lite board.
Sharing a board in Miro Lite
Miro Lite boards are available for 24 hours. If you want to continue using them afterwards, simply log in or sign up for Miro to save your work.
Alternatively, you can download your board as an image or .pdf – simply click on ‘Export this board’ icon next to Miro Lite logo in the upper left corner of your screen.
⚠️ Please note that if you don’t save or export your board, it will be permanently deleted after 24 hours.
Exporting a board in Miro Lite
What happens when you want to save your board?
If you are a registered Miro user, you will have the option to save your board and pick, which of your teams you want to save it to, if you have multiple.
If you are a Miro Lite user and don’t have Miro account yet, you will need to sign up for Miro to continue editing your board after 24 hours.
The user that creates their Miro account first will become the Owner of the Miro Lite board they save. Other collaborators will still have access to this board with the same link and will be able to continue working on it as Guest editors.
Miro Lite features
Miro Lite is a simpler, lighter version of Miro, ideal for quick ideation and collaboration. Here is the list of Miro features available to Miro Lite users:
- Pen with drawing presets, highlighter, smart drawing mode, and lasso
- 8 of the most popular templates
- Ice breaker
- Customer journey map
- Product roadmap
- User story map
- Business model canvas
- Sticky notes
- Connection lines
- All of Miro’s core product shortcuts except for the following three: comments, frames, and toggling grid on and off.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I have to be a Miro user to use Miro Lite?
- No, you don’t. Miro Lite is a free-for-all online whiteboard that anyone can use without registration.
2. How long can I work on my Miro Lite board for?
- Each Miro Lite board lives for 24 hours, after that it is permanently deleted. If you want to continue working with your board, you can either sign up for Miro Free Plan to save your work or export your board as an image or .pdf
3. Do I need to pay to continue working on my Miro Lite board?
- No, you will simply need to sign up for Miro Free Plan to continue working on your Miro Lite board.