Need to quickly decide which of the discussed options or ideas your team prefers? Set up a voting session right on the Miro board - our voting tool will help you with that.
Available for: Team, Business, Consultant, Enterprise, and Education plans
Available on: browser version, Desktop app, Tablet app
Set up by: team members with editing rights on the board. All registered users and non-registered visitors with edit access can participate in the voting session
In this article:
Setting up a voting session
The tool is available in the bottom left corner, on the collaboration toolbar.
Voting icon on the collaboration toolbar
The voting panel will appear on the left side of your board. There you can access the voting settings most of which are optional. Before starting the session:
- select the number of votes per person
- set the voting session duration
- if every participant should cast only one vote per object, enable the corresponding toggle (optional)
- select the objects that you would like your participants to vote on (optional)
Once you're all set, click Start.
Setting up a voting session
Voting in progress
You and your board collaborators will be able to join the session or skip it.
Click Join voting to vote or I'm not participating to skip the session
If you accidentally skipped voting, you can join it by clicking the voting icon showing the time left.
Current voting session icon on the toolbar
Those who join the session will be able to leave their votes on the selected objects. All votes are anonymous.
The voting author will view participants’ progress in voting in the top-right corner of the board. Click collaborators' icons to see the panel which will show the number of votes per person and whether the participants have finished voting. You can also end the voting session by clicking the corresponding button.
Voting participants' progress
Once the session is over, all voting participants can see the top 3 results and click the button See full results.
Voting results pop-up
If you click See full results, you will see the list of the session results on the voting panel. Other sessions' results are available in the corresponding tab.
Voting results of all voting sessions on a board
To delete voting results, open a session and click the trash icon.
Deleting voting results
You can always access your voting history on the Voting panel: select Results.
Frequently asked questions
- Can I export voting results?
- There is no option to export voting results but you can take a screenshot as a workaround.
- Who can participate in a voting session?
- All registered users (viewers, commenters, editors) on the board and visitors who can edit.
- I am a Board editor but I cannot start a voting session. Why?
- You cannot start a voting session if you are a guest on the board or a visitor who can edit. Only team members with editing rights can set up voting.
- If I duplicate my board, will the voting sessions be saved on the board copy?
- No, they won't.
- How do I make it possible for participants to vote for separate words/sentences in a text box?
- Note that a user can vote for a whole text box. If you'd like them to vote for separate words/sentences in the box, please put each word or sentence in a separate text box.
- Do you provide a Dot voting tool?
- Try to use this template from the template library or add the template from the template picker.