Upgrade your free team to unlock advanced features for you and your team members and move to a new level of collaboration!
💡 To learn more about Miro plans and features available visit this page.
In this article
- Choose an account (team) to upgrade
- Upgrade your team
2.1. Choose a plan
2.2. Set the team size
2.3. Select billing type and payment method
- How to cancel your subscription
- How to purchase Enterprise plan
- Frequently asked questions
Choose an account (team) to upgrade
The subscription in Miro is tied to a team (account), not a profile. Here is a small tip on how to differentiate between these terms:
- Profile in Miro is your email address that all teams (or accounts) you set up and subscriptions you purchase are attached.
- Team, or account, is a workspace that you can create or purchase a subscription for. You can be a member of multiple teams/accounts.
If you're a member of several teams, you can switch between them on the left sidebar of your dashboard. Open the team that you would like to upgrade and follow the steps below. Upgrading the team will unlock advanced features on boards that belong to it.
If you don't plan to upgrade any of the teams you're a member of, you can create a paid team from scratch by clicking the plus icon on the left sidebar. You will be able to move your boards to the newly created workspace.
Creating a new paid team
✏️ Note that after the upgrade the payer is promoted to Billing admin, but that doesn't automatically give them admin rights. To learn more about the difference between Billing admin and Admin, check here.
Upgrade your team
Step 1. Choose a plan
To upgrade the account, click the blue Upgrade button in the upper-right corner of the dashboard. You will see a pop-up menu with the upgrade options.
Upgrade your account right from the dashboard
You can also start upgrading in the Team settings > Team Profile:
The upgrade option in the settings
✏️ If you upgrade a paid team, the prorated amount for the unused time on the previous plan is included in the purchase.
Step 2. Set the team size
Before clicking Upgrade, please select the needed team size on the drop-down menu under the plan cost. Please note that the team size on the payment window is equal to the current number of team members.
- If you want to purchase fewer seats, you should first remove users from your team following this guide. If the option to remove users is not available for you, please ask your Team Admin to delete extra-members or promote you to Team Admin. Alternatively, you can purchase a separate team by clicking the plus icon on the left sidebar.
- If you want to purchase more seats, you can increase the team size up to 100 seats on the payment window. In case you plan to get more licenses, please change your team size in the Account settings > Billing > Overview after the upgrade.
Step 3. Select billing type and payment method
After double-checking the team size, choose the billing type (yearly or monthly) and payment method (credit card or invoice). Invoice method is unlocked for Team plan (10+ members, annual subscription) and Business plan purchase; to learn more about upgrading with self-serve invoice, take a look at this page. Enter the credit card information (if you prefer credit card payments), a promo-code (if you have one) and click Purchase.
✏️ If your credit card is not accepted, please make sure that it is valid and check the card balance.
Billing information section
Immediately after the purchase, your account will be upgraded and you will receive a payment receipt to your current email address. You will also be able to download the full invoice at any time after the purchase.
If you upgrade with self-serve invoicing, the invoice will be sent at the email specified by you within an hour.
How to cancel your subscription
As soon as you upgrade your team, your subscription will automatically renew at the end of every billing period. To cancel your subscription and prevent further renewal charges, go to Account settings > Billing > Overview and click Cancel subscription. Visit this article for more details.
How to purchase Enterprise Plan
If you already have an account, click the Upgrade button on the dashboard, Upgrade your account popup window will appear. Click Contact us for the Enterprise Plan:
Enterprise Plan on the Upgrade pop-up
Fill out the short Enterprise inquiry form and our Sales Representative will reach out to you shortly to discuss all details.
Frequently asked questions
- I'm a solo worker and would like to purchase one license for myself. What plan do I choose?
- Feel free to select Consultant plan that doesn't have requirements on the minimum number of seats and can be purchased with 1 license.
- I would like to upgrade with fewer seats but I cannot select fewer members on the payment window. What do I do?
- Please remove team members following these instructions or ask your Admin to remove extra-members. You can also purchase a separate team with any number of seats.
- I'm not an Admin for my team. Will I become the Team Admin after I upgrade?
- No, but you will be promoted to Billing admin. You can ask the current Admin to assing you admin rights or purchase your own separate team and move your boards to it.
- I don't have the Upgrade button on my dashboard. Why?
- The team you're working in is already on a paid plan. If you would like to change your plan, you will find the instructions here.
- Do you accept PayPal as a payment method?
- No, at the moment, you can upgrade your team with a credit card or self-serve invoicing.
- How do I cancel my subscription after the upgrade?
- Visit this page to learn how you can cancel your subscription.
- Can I purchase a subscription for one month?
- Yes, upgrade to a monthly plan and cancel automatic renewals in settings.