Unfortunately, bugs happen. As much as we try, it's impossible to make your software 100% bug-proof. So, in case something doesn't work or you experience board loading issues, this article has a few tips for you to learn how to report the bug in the most effective way.
✏️ Learn how you can contact us: How to contact Miro Support.
Before reporting a bug
- Test Miro in the Incognito (private) mode (to exclude the possibility of browser extensions interfering) and in a different browser. Close all browser tabs and applications running in the background if needed.
- Clear your browser's cache & cookies, restart your browser, and hard refresh the page by clicking F5 or Ctrl + R (for Windows)/Cmd + R (for Mac) several times.
- Check your Internet connection or switch to another, preferably faster network. Feel free to try different VPNs if necessary to avoid any security blockers in your network.
- If you use Desktop/Mobile/Tablet application, try to re-install it and test Miro using a web-version.
- If you experience problems with specific boards, try to duplicate them and check if the problem persists there.
- Check Miro Status Page to see if there are any current performance issues.
How to contact us
If the recommendations above didn't help, contact Miro Support: please check this article to learn how you can do this. We'd highly appreciate it if you spend some time reading this article, so we can get as detailed as possible request and help you promptly. Thank you!
Submitting a bug
There are a few things you can do that will help us identify and fix the bug quicker:
Tell us what the bug is about and describe the steps to reproduce it.
2. Include the board URL if the bug happens only on a specific board
- You may also share the board (with editing rights) with email@example.com
- If the bug occurs on specific boards and is only seen by specific collaborators - please also list the email addresses of the affected collaborators
3. Specify your device, OS, and browser version
4. Provide your browser console logs
- While on the Miro board click the address bar of your browser (use this step if the issue is reproduced on a board):
- Press F12 or fn + F12 shortcut to open the browser developer tools.
- Choose Network tab, check to Preserve logs.
- Reload the page.
- Try to reproduce the issue again.
- Click the Download Arrow sign to Export the Network HAR logs.
- Then switch to the Console tab and right-click the records and choose to Save as.
- Send us the 2 resulting .log and .har files.
This information saves a lot of time and effort when investigating the bug!