Unfortunately, bugs happen. As much as we try, it's impossible to make your software 100% bug-proof. So, in case something doesn't work or if you are experiencing board loading issues, this article has a few tips for you to learn how to report the bug in the most effective way.
Before reporting a bug
- Test Miro in the Incognito (private) mode and in a different browser to exclude the possibility of browser extensions.
- Clear your browser's cache & cookies, restart your browser, and hard refresh the page by clicking F5 or Ctrl + R (for Windows)/Cmd + R (for Mac) several times to exclude the possibility of bad cached data.
- Close all browser tabs and other applications running in the background to exclude the possibility of them taking all the processing power and slowing Miro down.
- Check your Internet connection or switch to another, preferably faster network. Feel free to try different VPNs if necessary to avoid any security blockers in your network or try disabling the VPN you have.
- If you work with Google Chrome - make sure that you are using the latest browser version. In rare cases new Chrome updates lead to a situation where Miro stops working in older Chrome versions.
- If you use Desktop/Mobile/Tablet application, reset the app data. If the issue persists, try to re-install the app. Check if you see the same issue with Miro using a web-version.
- If you experience problems with specific boards, try duplicating them and see if the problem persists on the copy.
- Check Miro Status Page to see if there are any current performance issues.
✏️ If you experience the board loading/freezing issue in Safari, try these troubleshooting steps.
How to submit a bug
If the recommendations above didn't help (or do not completely solve the issue for you) - let us know.
⚠️ We'd highly appreciate it if you spend some time reading this article and message us providing all the information that can be helpful - this way we will have more chances to understand your unique situation right away and be able to help you promptly. Thank you!
Preparing a message
There are a few things you can do that will help us identify and solve your case quicker:
Tell us what the issue is about and describe the steps to reproduce it. Tell us what troubleshooting steps you tried.
2. If the issue happens with your unique data - include them
- If the issue happens on a specific board (but not all of your boards) - share the board (with editing rights) with email@example.com if possible.
- If the issue affects only specific collaborators - list the email addresses of these users.
- If the issue happens when working with a specific file - send us the file.
3. Specify your device, OS, and browser version
4. Provide your browser console and network logs
How to record console logs
- While on the Miro board click the address bar of your browser (use this step if the issue is reproduced on one of the boards as opposed to the settings page or the dashboard).
- Press F12 or fn + F12 shortcut to open the browser developer tools.
- Choose Network tab, check to Preserve logs.
- Reload the page.
- Try to reproduce the issue again.
- Click the Download Arrow sign to Export the Network HAR logs.
- Then switch to the Console tab and right-click the records and choose to Save as.
- Send us the 2 resulting .log and .har files.
This information saves a lot of time and effort when investigating the situation!