Unfortunately, bugs happen. As much as we try, it's impossible to make your software 100% bug-proof. So, in case you have one to report, this article has a few tips in it for you to learn how to do it in the most effective way.
Before reporting a bug
1. Clear your browser's cache & cookies, restart your browser and hard refresh the page by clicking F5 several times.
2. Test Miro in the Incognito (private) mode (to exclude the possibility of browser extensions interfering).
3. Test Miro in a different browser, on a different device and using a different network connection if possible.
This helps to start a new working session and ensure you are using the latest client version as well as check whether the issue is caused by/connected with something in your setup.
You can submit your bug report via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via our Learn & Inspire Center > Support on the board.
Support message center on the board
Submitting a bug
There are a few things you can do that will help us identify and fix the bug quicker:
1. Add the word "bug" to the subject
It's a little thing, but it helps us spot these tickets in the queue and reply to them faster.
Example: "Bug in the Links edit menu"
2. Include a detailed description of the bug
Tell us what the bug is about and describe the steps to reproduce it. Here is a good example of a bug report:
1. Open any board, click Share.
2. Add the email addresses of collaborators.
3. Click Send.
4. Expectations: the board shows the message "Invitations sent" and the collaborators receive an invitation to edit the board.
5. Reality: the message is shown, but none of the collaborators received an invitation.
2a. Include the board URL
If the issue or a bug is board-related (happens only on specific boards) the link will be of huge help.
- duplicate the board and check whether the bug also happens on the copy or only on the original board
- if the bug is not seen right away and requires steps to reproduce it - share the board (with editing rights) with email@example.com
- if the bug occurs on specific boards and is only seen by specific collaborators - please also list the email addresses of the affected collaborators.
This information saves a lot of time and effort when investigating the bug.
2b. Specify the device, OS, and browser version
Let us know the device, OS, and browser version you were using when the bug occurred.
3. Send screenshots, GIFs, or a short video
3a. Provide your browser console logs
1. Open the browser developer tools (F12 for Chrome, IE, Edge; Ctrl+Shift+I for FireFox, Opera; Alt + Cmd + I for Safari Console and Network tab, All subtab). You should see a menu similar to this (the example is from Google Chrome):
2. Reload the page to clear unnecessary data.
3. Try to reproduce the bug.
4. Send us a screenshot or a video with the console logs.
After reporting a bug
After you submit your message we will reply to you via email and you will always be able to monitor the conversation status:
Support window with an open ticket