Once you create a new team in Miro or get promoted to the Admin role, you get access to team management options such as team permissions, users, integrations, and other team attributes. The article gives a quick overview of account settings in Miro.
You can see all of your teams on the left sidebar of your dashboard. To get to Team settings, click the team name and choose an option on the dropdown menu.
Getting to Team settings
If you are a member/Admin of several teams, you can also switch between the teams in Team settings by selecting the needed team in the drop-down menu in the top-left corner.
The menu to switch between teams in settings
Getting to Company settings (on Consultant, Enterprise plan)
Team settings may differ on different Miro plans but all Miro Admins can see the following sections on the left:
- Team profile
- Apps & Integrations
- Active users
Team profile is the tab where you can change the team name and logo and see your plan details: the current plan, the number of boards, and the number of team members. From there you can also leave your team or delete it.
In the Apps & Integrations section, the Admin can:
- go to Miro Marketplace by clicking Install apps
- allow or restrict team members to install new apps for the team
- uninstall apps (select an app on the list to see the option to uninstall)
Apps & Integrations in Team settings
To set team permissions, open the corresponding tab. From there, Team Admins can
- configure team sign-up mode
- set up invitation settings
- manage sharing settings (on paid plans only)
- define board content settings (on paid plans only)
- on Enterprise plan, Admins can configure additional board sharing settings
The Active users tab is where you have access to user management options and can:
The Users tab in Team settings
Visit these pages to learn more about administration on different Miro plans:
- Free plan
- Team and Education plans
- Business plan
- Consultant plan
- Go to Help Center and scroll down to get to the Enterprise plan administration section
Team Admin & Company Admin
Consultant and Enterprise plans allow creating multiple teams within a single subscription - such teams are attached to Company "umbrella". There are two-level account settings (Team settings and Company settings) and two Admin roles (Team Admins and Company Admins).
Team Admin has the right to change team name and logo, install and uninstall apps for the team, promote other users to Team Admins, delete members, invite new users if this is allowed in Invitation settings, manage default sharing settings, board content settings, and enable or disable the co-owner role.
Company Admins can manage all teams within the subscription as well as Company-level attributes:
- change Company name and logo and see plan details in the Company profile tab
- manage subscription in the Billing section
- convert user licenses, invite and remove users from the account in the Active users section
- manage Invitations
Frequently asked questions
- How do I learn what plan my team is currently on?
- Go to Team settings > Team profile - there you will see your plan details.
- How do I promote another user to Admin?
- Please see the steps here: How to promote a user to Admin (available on Free plan as well).
- How do I create a new team?
- Read the article to learn more: How to create a team in Miro.
- How do I find my team ID?
- Log in to Miro in a browser, go to the settings of the team from your dashboard - you will be able to copy the team ID number from the browser address bar (only available in the web version).
Team ID in the browser address bar