Set up by: Profile owner
Deleting your profile from Miro will result in your information being removed from our system. Please note that a profile and an account are two different things.
- Your profile represents your data connected to your registration and email address
- An account (team) represents a team that you are a part of and its workspace
⚠️ Profile deletion cannot be undone.
⚠️ Note that profile deletion does not cancel your active subscriptions. To stop further renewals, please cancel your subscription in settings.
How to delete your profile
1. Open your Profile settings.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and choose Delete my profile.
Deleting your profile
Profile removal confirmation message
4. Shortly afterward, you will receive an email with a confirmation link. Click the link to finish.
Confirmation email to delete the profile
What happens to your content after profile removal
As soon as you remove your profile, your boards get deleted.
If you are the only Admin for your team, the content will be removed completely. If you're the only member of your team, your team will be removed along with the profile.
If there are other Admins in the team you're a member of, then content will be deleted and reassigned to one of the Admins - it means that the admin will be able to restore your boards within 30 days (paid users will find them in Trash, free users will be able to restore via link).
Frequently asked questions
- Can I delete my profile if I log in to Miro with Single Sign-On (SSO)?
- Yes, you can. However, if your organization uses SCIM, your profile will be immediately re-created as long as your email is provisioned to Miro via SCIM.
- How can I change my email address linked to the Miro profile?
- Use this guide: How to change your email.
- I do not receive the email with the confirmation link. What do I do?
- Please try these steps:
- Open your Spam, Promotions, Junk, Social, and Updates folders and check to see if Miro confirmation email is there
- Check to see if your inbox is full to make sure you haven’t reached the memory limit with your email account. If it is full, you may need to delete some existing emails in order to receive new ones. After deleting emails, request the profile deletion again
- It may be that a firewall is preventing the email from reaching your inbox. Please reach out to your system administrator and ask them to allowlist our domains and subdomains: miro.com*, *.miro.com, mirostatic.com*, *.mirostatic.com and realtimeboard.com*, *.realtimeboard.com. Here is an article with more information on the mailers you need to allowlist
- If neither of the solutions help, report the issue to Miro Support