While working on the board, you may need to quickly notify someone about the changes you’re making. You can do that by simply @mentioning them in a comment or text object.
The team mentioned in a comment
Adding mentions on the board
You can mention somebody on the board as long as the board is shared with them. It can be:
explicitly shared with the user who needs to be mentioned
Types of mentions
Text object mentions
✏️ Text object mentions are not currently available on the mobile app.
- Specify who is being referred to
- Clarify involvement in a task or conversation
- No need for immediate input or attention
Mention yourself and other users, as well as the entire board, team, or project in comments. Comment mentions are perfect for daily communication, and when you want users to receive notifications.
- Start a conversation or ask for feedback
- Assign tasks to people
- Address comments to people
Available for: Business, Enterprise, and Education plans
Type @ in the comment bar to see your suggested mentions. This list includes users you've mentioned before and who can access the board.
If team privacy is enabled, only users within the same team will be suggested.
How to @mention
💡 When searching for user names, type four or more characters for better results.
Type @ followed by your name to tag yourself.
- Assign yourself tasks
- Highlight your involvement in a task or conversation
- Set yourself reminders in notifications (works for comments only)
Type @ followed by the user's name to notify a specific person.
- Ask an editor to provide more details
- Pass your work for review to a team member once you are done
- Reach an expert from your team in a field you are currently working on
✏️ If a user name is not listed when you try to mention them in a comment, invite them to the board via email, or to the team (if the board is team shared), or to the project (if the board belongs to a project).
Type @board to notify everyone with access to the board.
- Ask for input from all participants
- Request feedback after a meeting
- Communicate significant updates on a board
✏️ @board doesn't include your project members or team members if the board is not shared with them. Use @board and @project for more complex mentions.
Type @project to notify all your project members.
- Ask project status updates
- Update a project team about a change in deadlines
- Introduce a new project team member working on a specific part
💡 Combine @project and direct mentions to get insights from the cross-functional team
Type @team to notify all your team members.
- Invite everyone to comment on general strategy
- Collect feedback on organizational structure and process blueprint
- Ask everyone for inputs during team-wide ideation
Follow a thread to make sure not to miss any replies. Click the Follow thread icon in the top-right of the comment.
💡 Hover over a user name to see a user's profile card.
Following a thread