Take a look at this guide to understand how billing works for plans in Miro (for subscriptions paid with a credit card). From new licenses to Day Passes - here we're going to cover the main points.
⚠️ Please check this article to see how billing works if you pay by invoice.
In this article:
Configuring the invitation settings
Choose whether you want to allow other team members to invite new users or only team admins should have that option in the Team settings > Permissions:
Team invitation settings
Team invitation settings on the Consultant plan
Adding new licenses
On the Team plan, the prorated amount for each user added above seats you purchased will be charged the following ways:
- for monthly subscription: on the subscription renewal date
- for yearly subscription: on the last day of the month you have increased the team size.
The renewal date of your monthly subscription is Oct 1. On Sep 15 you have invited 1 teammate to join your account. The full price per 1 seat is $10. On Oct 1st you will be additionally charged the prorated amount only for the time used: $10/30 days x 16 remaining days = $5.33.
On your yearly subscription, you have invited 1 person on Sep 2, then on Sep 30th, you will be additionally charged a prorated amount for this additional member for the rest of the billing period. Your subscription renewal date will not change.
The Team admin will receive emails about every change of the team size and can manage it in the Settings.
If you cancel your subscription, the prorated amount for additional seats will be charged at the moment of cancellation.
Consultant, Business plans
On the Consultant and Business plans, the amount prorated until the end of the billing period is charged right away after adding a new license.
If you do not intend to invite new users to take the vacant seats that you created by removing members, you may decrease the size of your team.
Go to the Account Settings > Billing information > Overview and click Change team size. Set a new team size and click Confirm. You will see a message saying that your account size is now changed and your next purchase will be prorated for the new number of seats. The prorated amount for the unused time will be added to the subscription balance.
Decreasing the number of paid seats and changing the cost of your subscription
Day Passes on the Consultant and Business plans
The amount for Day Passes consumed by Occasional users is charged:
- on monthly Consultant plan subscription: on the subscription renewal date;
- on annual Consultant, Business plan subscription: on the last day of the month the Day Passes have been used.
Frequently asked questions
1. I'd like to collaborate with a user who already has their own subscription. Should I purchase a seat for the user to collaborate on my boards?
- Yes, in Miro you pay for the number of licenses in your account. To start the collaboration, you may either invite the user to your account or ask them to invite you.
2. A license was added to my account but I removed it before the charge. Will I be charged the prorated amount until the end of the billing period anyway?
- No, the amount will be prorated to the time period the additional license has been in the account.
3. How can I pay for my subscription by invoice/wire transfer?
- If you're planning to upgrade to Team plan (10+ annual licenses), please follow the instructions here. If you'd like to purchase any other plan, we can most likely find a way to make it work, but do require a minimum purchase of 20 annual licenses. If it works for you, please feel free to address your request at email@example.com. Our Sales team will reach out to you.
4. How can I prevent users from consuming Day Passes?
- You can disable Day Passes in the Account Settings > Billing > Overview.
5. I haven't purchased a subscription but I receive billing emails and notifications about new licenses from Miro. Why?
- You're the account admin or your email is stated in the Billing settings.
6. What currency am I going to be charged in?
- Miro is registered as a US vendor so all our invoices to customers come from a US entity and we accept US currency only ($USD). If your currency is different from US dollars, your subscription price will be converted from your local currency to US dollars.