Review our general billing information, get a breakdown of yearly and monthly invoicing and how prorated costs are calculated, and learn how seats affect your pricing.
⚠️ If you pay by invoice the billing guidelines differ. Please read about our self-serve invoicing.
General billing information
- The subscription price is directly connected to your team size (the number of seats (licenses) in your plan) and is recalculated automatically when you increase or decrease those seats.
- If you add extra seats (licenses) above the allocated seats in your plan, you’ll receive an additional prorated charge.
- You are not charged for boards you share with visitors and guests.
- If you have unexpected charges, check if you’ve accidentally added additional seats (licenses) to your plan.
- If you downsize your team by removing seats (licenses), any unused time is credited back on your next bill. Learn more about removing users and licenses.
- Your credit card is automatically charged at the end of every subscription period (monthly or yearly) unless you cancel your subscription.
- If there’s an issue with your card payment we’ll try again after 7 and 14 days. If we still can’t process the charge after day 14, your subscription will expire - that just means we’ll move your account to view-only mode until you’re ready to extend or choose a new plan. Explore our plan pricing.
- For details on billing documentation you can read about our invoices and receipts.
Monthly and yearly billing
How billing works on a monthly subscription
You're charged monthly for your plan. You’ll also be charged for any extra seats (licenses) you may have added. The billing date falls on the same day of the month that you subscribed to Miro (for example, if you subscribed on Sep 10, 2020 your payment date will always be the 10th of each month).
If you add new members (seats) above your plan’s team size, your next monthly invoice will include:
- the renewal payment for your current plan
- the prorated amount for any extra added seats
For example, you purchased your Starter plan on Sep 1 with a monthly subscription and the next renewal date is Oct 1. On Sep 15 you invited a new teammate to join your account. The price for an extra seat on your plan is $10. Oct 1 you'll be charged the prorated amount for the new seat:
$10 per seat / 30 days x 16 remaining days = $5.33
If you remove a member (seat), you will only be charged for the days you used the additional seat.
For example, the renewal date of your monthly subscription is Oct 1. You added a seat on Sep 15 and then removed a teammate (and the seat) on Sep 20. The price for an extra seat on your plan is $10. The prorated charge for the extra seat would be:
$10 per seat / 30 days x 5 days = $1.67
How billing works on a yearly subscription
You're charged annually for your plan, and the prorated amount for any extra seats you add is charged in the next month’s billing cycle.
For example, you purchased a yearly Starter plan on Aug 17, 2022. You invited one additional person to your team on Sep 2. The price for an extra seat on your yearly plan is $96. On Sep 17 you will be charged a prorated amount for the additional member for the rest of the billing period, from Sep 2, 2022 to Aug 17, 2023 of the next year. The prorated charge for the extra seat will be:
$96 per seat / 365 days x 349 days = $91.79
Your subscription renewal date does not change when you add or remove extra seats. If you remove the additional seat before the charge date, you will only be charged for the days you used the extra seat. If you cancel your subscription, the prorated amount for additional seats will be charged at the moment of cancellation.
✏️ See how prorates are displayed on your invoice.
⚠️ If you have any past due invoices caused by an increase in the number of seats, a balance for the amount owed to Miro will be charged as a separate invoice together with an upcoming renewal/upgrade.
How seats (licenses) can affect your billing
Adding new seats
When you invite members above your current team size, you’ll be charged the prorated amount for each additional seat (license) until the end of the billing period. Learn what to do if you’ve accidentally added seats.
You may find that you have too many seats for the size of your team. You can always remove seats (licenses) to reduce the cost of your plan.
✏️ If you're paying by self-serve invoicing, you will receive quarterly true-up invoices with the prorated charge for additional seats.
⚠️ If you’re still facing issues, contact support. We can only share billing-related information with the Admin or the user who purchased the subscription. If that’s not you, reach out to your Miro Admin for support.