Set up by: any board editor; board ownership is reassigned by the current board owner
In this article:
- Setting up access rights
1.1 Board owner
1.5 Board access request
- Changing access rights
2.1 Transferring the ownership to another board collaborator
Setting up access rights
Whenever you share a board via the Share window, you can specify access rights by choosing either Can edit, Can comment or Can view.
Setting up access rights
💡 For more details on assigning rights when sharing, please see here.
Board owner rights
Editors get full access to all the tools on the board. They can make changes to the content, delete or upload new files, edit access rights of other members and add new collaborators.
Commenters can view the board and leave comments on it. Commenters are not able to edit the board and share it.
Viewers can't make any changes to the board, they can only see its contents. Their toolbox only displays the zoom and map options, while the tools on the toolbar are not available.
If there are Frames on the board, viewers can see the options to switch between them as well in the Frame Panel.
Board access request
If you follow the board link and see this message, it means that the board is not shared with you yet:
Requesting access to the board
💡 To view, comment or edit board, click Request Access. This will send an email message to all editors on the board on Free, Team, Consultant, Business, Education Plans and to the board owner on the Enterprise Plan. They will be able to provide you with access and define your access rights.
If the board is shared with you but with viewing or commenting rights only, you can always request editing access using the button in the top right corner. Please note that this feature is not supported on the Education plan.
Requesting editor rights
Changing access rights
To edit access rights of existing collaborators on the board:
- Click on the Share button in the top-right corner.
- Choose Manage Settings (or Sharing settings). You will see the list of people who have access to the board.
- Specify access rights for a chosen user by clicking on the drop-down lists which state their current access rights. Here you can also remove collaborators. The board owner will also see the option to make another user the owner of the board (thus signing away the ownership)
- Confirm the change by clicking Done.
The owner of the board is changing access rights for existing collaborators
Transferring board ownership to another board collaborator
Set up by: the current board owner
o transfer the ownership of the board the owner-to-be should be a member of the team where the board belongs and be specifically added to the board via Temail/Slack (be on the list of the collaborators). The transfer option is not available if the board is only shared on the team level, to everyone in the team at once but no one specifically.
When you confirm ownership transfer, you will not be able to undo this action.
1. Click Manage access (or Sharing settings) on the board Share menu (if you do not have the button, please explicitly invite the owner-to-be to the board).
2. Choose Is owner on the user's menu and confirm your action.
Transferring board ownership to another team member