Meet the simplest way to invite anonymous Guest Editors - now even users without the Miro account can contribute to your work on boards free of charge!
Once you make a board accessible for anonymous Guest Editors, anyone with the board link can immediately start editing the board content. You can share the link with as many Guest Editors as you need.
In this article:
- Why invite Guest Editors?
- How to enable access for Guest Editors
- How it works for you
- How it works for Guest Editors
- Guest Editors vs. Day Pass users
Why invite Guest Editors?
Use this feature to organize remote meetings (such as PI Planning or sales demos), brainstorming sessions, and workshops with partners or colleagues who either don't have a Miro account yet or don’t have access to your Miro team.
How to enable access for Guest Editors
1) Open the board’s Share menu.
2) Choose Can edit in the drop-down menu of Public link to board option. Set a password if you would like the board to be accessible for users with password only.
3) Copy the link, send it to your team, partners, or clients, and immediately start the collaboration! Anyone who joins with the link (and enters password if it is enabled) can create and edit the board content, add comments, upload files.
✏️Public boards are not indexed by search engines.
⚠️ Every user on the board (including all previously added viewers and commenters) will be able to edit its content.
Sharing a board with Guest Editors
Guest Editors on a board
How it works for Guest Editors
Guest Editors can edit board content, add widgets, upload files, leave comments, etc. Note that some functionality is not available for them.
Guest Editors can't:
- Change board name
- Change board privacy settings
- Access team dashboard
- Access any boards except for the board(s) shared with them via a public link
- Mention others in comments
- Start video chat/screen sharing/voting session
- Create, edit or add Asana, Jira, Microsoft Azure, or Rally cards from cards picker (however, they will be able to view them)
- Download board backup
- Lock/unlock objects on the board (Locked objects are also uneditable)
- Receive any board notifications
- Restore board content
- Save the board link to Google Drive
- View on object info
- Edit boards in a browser on mobile
✏️ Board owners on the Team, Consultant, Business, Enterprise, and Education plans can configure board content settings and define whether Guest Editors can duplicate the board to their workspaces, download files/images/PDFs pasted on the board, copy widgets, export the board as an image/PDF.
- Apps that allow anyone to add visuals to the board, i.e. icons, images, stickers, tables and charts
- Apps that allow anyone to participate in group activities, i.e. Planning poker and ice breakers
- Google image
- Wireframe Library
- Tables and Charts
- Cisco Network Topology Icons
- AWS Architecture Icons
- Microsoft Azure Icon Set
- User Story Map
- Planning Poker
- Adobe XD
- unDraw Symbols
Guest Editors have access to your board as long as it's public.
Guest Editors vs. Day Pass users
|Occasional users||Guest editors|
|Need to sign up/sign in||No need to sign up/sign in|
|You can control who exactly can access your board and know who makes which changes||Anyone with the link (and password if it is enabled) can access your board.
No knowledge of who edited your content
|Perfect for sharing confidential information||All board content is shared publicly and available for changing by anyone with the link (and password if it is enabled)|
|Occasional users can have access to a team
or to particular boards shared with them
|Guest editors have access
to a particular public board
|Available on Consultant, Business, Enterprise plans||Available on all paid plans|
|$3 per user on Consultant, Business plans||Free|
As you can see, public access to a board gives you the opportunity to immediately start a collaboration session with all people who have the board link, so feel free to invite Guest Editors for a workshop or a brainstorm session.
Use Day Passes for a short-time work on a specific private project as Day Passes allow you to give access to your content to a particular registered user and revoke the user's access at any moment.