Please note this feature is currently available to the majority of users on Team, Consultant, and Business plans. Enterprise and Education Plan users will get access to it on the week of April 13, 2020.
Meet the simplest way to invite anonymous Guest Editors - now even users without the Miro account can contribute to your work on boards free of charge!
Once you make a board accessible for anonymous Guest Editors, anyone with the board link can immediately start editing the board content. You can share the link with as many Guest Editors as you need.
Why invite Guest Editors?
Use this feature to organize remote meetings (such as PI Planning or sales demos), brainstorming sessions, and workshops with partners or colleagues who either don't have a Miro account yet or don’t have access to your Miro team.
How to enable access for Guest Editors?
1) Open the board’s Share menu.
2) Enable Public access to the board by link.
3) Choose Can edit in the drop-down menu.
4) Copy the link and click Done. Share this link with your team, partners or clients and immediately start the collaboration! Anyone who joins with the link can create and edit the board content, add comments, upload files.
✏️ Public boards are not indexed by search engines.
Every user on the board (including all previously added viewers and commenters) will be able to edit its content.
Guest Editors on a board
How it works for Guest Editors
Guest Editors can edit board content, add widgets, upload files, leave comments, etc. Note that some functionality is not available for them.
Guest Editors can't:
- Change board name
- Create, duplicate or delete a board
- Change board privacy settings
- Access team dashboard
- Access any boards except for the board(s) shared with them via public link
- Mention others in comments
- Create, edit or add Asana, Jira, Microsoft Azure, or Rally cards from cards picker (however, they will be able to view them)
- Receive any board notifications
Guest Editors will have access to the board as long as it's public.
Guest Editors vs. Day Passes
Public access to a board gives you the opportunity to immediately start a collaboration session with all people who have the board link, so feel free to invite Guest Editors for a workshop or a brainstorm session.
Use Day Passes for a short-time work on a specific private project as Day Passes allow you to give access to your content to a particular registered user and revoke the user's access at any moment.