Every Miro user can be a member of multiple teams (accounts). You can switch between your teams on the left sidebar of your dashboard. Your profile in Miro is your email address to which all your teams are attached.
Read this simple guide to learn how you can move your boards between teams. If you have two Miro profiles registered with different emails, find out below how you can transfer your boards from one profile to another.
Set up by: Board owners
Available for: all plans
In this article:
- How to move boards between teams (accounts)
- How to move boards between profiles
- Frequently asked questions
How to move boards between teams (accounts)
⚠️ Only Board owners who have access to several accounts can move boards between them.
⚠️ Enterprise plan Company Admins can restrict the option to move boards to and from a team.
To move a board to a different team, click the three dots, select Move to account, and specify the destination. The list will show you all the accounts you have access to.
Moving a board to a different account
If some members of the board are not a part of the destination team — their access to the board will be denied:
The warning message when moving a board from one team to another
In this case, you can copy the list of users and add them to the destination team before moving the board so the collaborators retain access (or you may also re-add them to the board after it's moved). If the number of users is less than 10, you can see the list by clicking View users emails. If the number is greater than 10, there will be a link to download the list.
If you move a board to a free team, please keep in mind that it will be shared with all team members.
Note that private boards are not available in free teams
How to move boards between profiles
If you are registered with Miro under two emails and would like to transfer a board from one profile to another, use one of the workarounds below:
- If the board is located in a paid or Education team and you would like to move it to another paid or Education team, simply save the board backup and upload it to the target team
- If the board is located in a free team or you need to move it to a free team, please follow the steps:
1. Let's say you have a board in a profile under email #1 and would like to transfer it to a profile under email #2. First, log in to Miro under email #1
2. Invite your email #2 to the team where the board in question is saved
3. Transfer ownership of the board from your email #1 to email #2.
For that, find the board on the dashboard, select Share in the three-dot menu, and share the board with email #2 specifically - enter their email in the field and click Send invitations:
Then, open the Share menu once again, click the Sharing settings button, find the owner-to-be in the list and select Is owner in the drop-down menu:
Transfering board ownership
4. Log in to Miro under email #2, switch to the team on the left sidebar of your dashboard, find the board on the dashboard and move it to the necessary team as shown above
Frequently asked questions
- The option to move to an account does not appear on my board menu. Why?
- Note that only Board owners who are members of several teams can move boards between them. If you are not the Board owner, you can duplicate the board (if this is allowed in board content settings) and move the copy.
The option to move boards may also be restricted by Company Admins on Enterprise plan.
- How can I pass ownership of my board to another user?
- Please find the guide here.
- Can I copy content from one board to another?
- Yes, if this is allowed in board content settings. Select the content, copy it with Ctrl+C and paste with Ctrl+V (for Windows), use Cmd+C and Cmd+V for Mac.
- Can I move a template board to another user's team?
- Yes, you can either ask the user to invite you to their team and then move the board or share the board with them and allow them to duplicate your board (you can allow this in the board content settings).
- Can I move projects between teams?
- No, you can only move separate boards.
- Can I move multiple boards in bulk?
- No, at the moment, this is not supported.
- I try to move my board but nothing happens or an error message appears. What do I do?
- Please check how it goes in another browser, Incognito mode; try to switch to another network or device; duplicate the board and move the copy. If that doesn't help, report the issue to Miro Support.