Set up by: board owner, Content Admins on Enterprise plan
Two ways to delete a board
You can delete a board from the dashboard or from its info-card.
Deleting a board from the dashboard by clicking the three dots and choosing the option
Deleting a board from the info-card
Once a board is deleted, it goes to Trash (on paid plans) from where it can be restored. On Free plan, a deleted board can be restored if the owner follows the board link. Boards can be restored via UI within 30 days after removal.
If you are not the owner of the board and not a Company Admin with Content Admin permissions, you cannot delete it as shown above. Instead of the Delete button, certain users of paid teams who are not board owners see the option to Leave board (more in the article How to leave a board). Note that free plan members cannot leave boards.
The option to leave a board
✏️ Admins can delete team members together with their boards.
Frequently asked questions
- I do not have the option to delete a board. Why?
- If you do not have the option, you are not the board owner. The option to delete a board is available for board owners and for Enterprise plan Content Admins only.
- I do not have the option to leave a board. Why?
- Please note that it's not possible to leave boards that are stored in free teams or boards to which you have not been invited via email.
- I am an Admin. Can I delete my team members' boards?
- No, this option is only available for Company admins on Enterprise plan with enabled Content Admin permissions. As an Admin on any other plan, you can remove the board owner and their boards or take ownership of their boards when removing.
- An employee left our company and we need to remove their boards from the team. How do we proceed?
- The Admin can remove the user in Account settings > Active users together with their content. They can also assign their content to another Admin or themselves while deleting.
- Can I delete several boards in bulk?
- No, this is not currently possible.