In Miro, boards are separate entities within the team, with its own settings and access rights, where you can group, divide and sort your content individually or collaborate with others.
Miro dashboard structure example
⚠️ If you'd like to leave a team, please check the article here. If you want to leave a project, please follow the instructions here.
If you were invited to a board and would now like to leave it, follow the steps below:
- Find the board you wish to leave on your Dashboard.
- Open the board context menu and choose Leave Board.
- You will see a warning message saying that this action cannot be undone.
- After you click Leave you will lose access to the board and won't see it on your Dashboard.
Leaving the board
Frequently Asked Questions
- I clicked the Leave board button but I still can see the board on my Dashboard. Why did this happen?
- The board in question is shared with the whole team (the instruction on how to disable/enable this option can be found here).
- I don't have the Leave board button, what should I do?
- If the board is inside the Free plan account, it will be shared with the team by default as the board privacy feature is unavailable on Free plan. You can upgrade your team to create private boards. You can also sort your boards by the board ownership (please check these guidelines).
- Please check your ownership of the board, if you are the board owner, you will see the Delete button instead.
- I'm the board owner, but I don't want to delete my board, just leave it. How can I do that?
- To leave the board that you created, you need to transfer the ownership first. Please check this handy article about how to do that on your side.
- I've been invited to a Miro board but I'd like to have my own team. Is there a way to have it?
- If you were invited to a specific board(s) without being added to the team itself, and you don't have any other teams on your Dashboard, you just need to leave the board(s). When none boards and teams are available to you, Miro will suggest that you create your own team.
- If you were invited to the team as a member, you will have to leave the whole team. To do that, please check this article.
- If you don't want to leave the team but would like to have your own workspace, please reach out to the Support Team and we will create a team for you.
- I'm a Team admin, but I can't delete or move other users' boards. What should I do?
- Since boards are separate entities in Miro, they have their separate ownership statuses. Only the board owner can delete or move their board. As a workaround, you can delete the board owner from the team - Miro will give you the opportunity to delete their boards along with the user. The instructions on how you can remove users while being a Team admin can be found here.
- I'd like to move my boards to my own private space. How can I do it?
- Check this article: How to Move Boards between Accounts. If you don't have your own private space (team), contact Miro Support.