Not sure which Miro plan to choose for your team? This article will help you to make the right choice.
✏️ Take a look at this page to review plan prices.
Here at Miro, we believe you should have the opportunity to explore our platform and its core functionality without any time restrictions. We think of the Free plan as a sandbox. It allows our users to get a feel of Miro and the value it can bring.
As teams grow and accumulate more content, it makes sense to many teams to switch to one of the paid plans. When you feel the need to upgrade, you can choose from our self-serve plans (Starter Plan or Business Plan), or opt for the Enterprise Plan. Each plan unlocks a different set of features that help your team to work together more efficiently. All paid plans require purchasing a seat for every permanent team member. You can choose between a monthly or yearly online subscription (the latter will save you 20%).
✏️ If you represent an accredited educational institution, you are eligible for the free Education plan. And if you are part of an NPO, make sure to check out our special offering.
How do I know which plan to pick?
You can use Miro Free plan as long as you want, with as many people as you need! We do not limit the number of team members because we believe in teamwork. All invited users are automatically added to your team and get access to all boards (no private boards available). Note that the number of editable boards on Free plan is limited.
Starter plan is the most popular paid plan among teams up to 50 users, with the lowest price per team member. With the Starter plan, you get access to all basic paid features: unlimited editable and private boards, advanced tools and integrations, sharing boards for public editing.
- Minimum purchase – 1 license
- Billed monthly or yearly
- Key features: all basic paid features (unlimited number of active boards, visitors, video chat, voting, etc.) + invoicing as an available payment method
Business plan is a perfect solution for fast-growing teams that need to be compliant with internal security policies and require Single sign-on.
- Minimum purchase – 1 license
- Billed monthly or yearly
Key features: all the Starter plan features + guests who can edit + advanced shape packs + SSO + invoicing as an available payment method + multiple teams
Enterprise plan is for teams that are looking to scale collaboration and roll out Miro company-wide across several departments or teams. It allows companies to centrally manage Miro access while offering the most flexibility and customization based on security and privacy compliance, user management, sharing/discovery settings, and more. We’ll help you find a custom fit based on your needs. Contact our Sales team to learn more.
Who do I pay for in Miro?
In Miro, you pay for every team member. Each paid member requires a paid seat (license) in your subscription and has full rights needed to create Miro boards, as well as to add and edit the content on them. Read more on the role here. You can see the list of your team members in Team/Company settings > Active users.
We recommend purchasing licenses for those people who you are planning to continue collaborating with on a regular basis after the workshop, or for a series of workshops and trainings. If you want to share your board with people outside your team without additional charges you can give them visitor or guest access.
A subscription in Miro is attached to a team, however, it is possible to create multiple teams within one subscription on Business Plan and Enterprise Plan. Every Miro user can be a member of multiple teams and, thus, be a part of multiple subscriptions.
How is the Free plan different from the paid plans?
The Free plan is like an open floor plan: you can invite everyone to work together for free and see everyone’s work. The main differences between the Free and the rest of the paid plans are:
- the number of editable boards
- the number of team members
- sharing settings
You can create as many boards as you need on the Free plan. However, after your team created three boards, each new board makes the earliest created board view-only. On all paid plans you can create as many editable boards as you need.
You can invite as many team members as you need for free. They will all be added to your team as editors by default and will get access to all the content inside the team. On all paid plans adding each team member means buying a Miro license for them.
Free plan offers basic sharing settings: every board created in a free team gets shared with all team members. It is possible to control who you share your boards with (all of your team members, some of your team members, or none of your team members) and create private boards on all paid plans. You can also make the board public and share it for viewing, commenting, or editing with people outside your Miro team.
Frequently asked questions
2. I want to organize a workshop/training session. Do I need to purchase a Miro license for everyone?
- No, you don’t. Depending on the plan and your specific use case, there are a few options for a workshop/training session:
- Invite everyone as editors to your Miro team for free if it is on the Free plan. All of the newly invited team members will have full editing rights to all of your boards
- Simple and free way to invite users to a remote meeting is the visitor with edit access option. This feature is available on all paid plans and Education plan
- Invite guests. Guests with edit access are available on Business Plan
4. I purchased a subscription but I'm still limited to free features. What do I do?
- Please switch to your paid team on the left sidebar of your dashboard.
5. How do I learn which plan I'm currently on?
- For Starter and Business plans, go to Team/Company settings by clicking the team name on the dashboard and check your plan in Team/Company profile. For Enterprise Plan go to Company settings > Subscription.
6. Can I speak with a Miro representative?
- If you're interested in the Enterprise plan, please contact Sales.
7. Where can I review prices?
- Visit the pricing page.