Easily invite people to your team and boards to start collaborating and creating together. Depending on Invitation settings, the option to invite new users may be available for Admins only or for all members.
In this article:
- Invite members
1.1. Member Trials on Team plan
1.2. Adding Occasional users on Consultant and Business plan with Active Day Passes
- Invite Non-team Users
- Frequently asked questions
There are several ways you can add members to your team.
- From your dashboard. Click Invite members in the upper-right corner.
The option to invite members on dashboard
From Team settings or Company settings (on Consultant plan). Open the Team or Company Settings > (Active) Users tab. There you can see all team members and invited users.
The option to invite new members from Team settings
Click Invite new members in the upper right corner and enter emails of your invitees.
- In this menu, you can also copy Team invite link - everyone who follows the link will be able to join your team (available on Free, Team, Education plans). You can enable or disable the link in the Invitation settings.
- On Free plan, every user invited to a board via email gets invited to the team as well and becomes a team member.
- On Team plan and on Business and Consultant plans without Day Passes every Editor invited to a board via email becomes a team member. You will see the following notification and will also have an option to invite the user with Commentor access without adding to the team.
A notification that only members can edit boards on this type of plan
Your invitees will receive an email notification and will be able to join the work right away — the invite will be active for 30 days. They will be able to create new boards and view/comment/edit boards shared with the whole team. Team members invited via the link will also appear on the list of Active Users.
If a non-registered invitee doesn't accept the invitation within 30 days, it expires and the user gets deleted from the Active users list.
When the invitee clicks on the link you sent to them (or the one in the notification email), new users will be suggested to sign up and existing users to log in. Registered Miro users will be able to find your team on the left sidebar of their dashboard as soon as you invite them.
If you accidentally send an invite to a wrong email address or make a typo and now want to delete the extra invite, click the three dots next to the invited user and choose Revoke invitation.
Revoke a pending invitation
Member Trials on Team plan
✏️ Only available for Team plan accounts.
When adding members to the team, instead of immediately adding them as a paying seat, they will first be added as Trial Members. Giving new members 7 days full access to your teams' boards and paid functionality, enabling collaboration without committing immediately to cost. New member trials begin when they open a board.
During the trial, new members can be promoted to Full members, or changed to Non-team users in the Active users section in Team settings.
The options to delete a Trial Member or convert them to Non-team user
Trial members become paid members if no action is taken by the end of the trial.
Please note that Member Trials are only available to new members one single time. Once a trial has been used, re-added members will occupy a paid seat immediately.
If Team plan account is upgraded to Consultant or Business plans, all current Trial Members are converted to Full members at the moment of the upgrade.
The cost of the new seats is prorated for the time remaining in your current subscription period (accurate up to a day), so your renewal dates for new seats will always coincide with your existing seats. If you have vacant seats during your subscription period and add a new member - no charge is applied.
To know more about the prorated system of charge, please check our article - Understanding Billing.
Adding Occasional users on Consultant and Business plan with Active Day Passes
If Day Passes are activated in your Business or Consultant account, Company Admins can choose the type of license for their invitees - Full (chosen by default) or Occasional (Day Pass). After a user is added their license can also be changed later.
Choosing the type of license for a new team member
Members invited by Team admins or non-admin users will be added with the Occasional license.
Invite Non-team users
⚠️ Note that Non-team users are not available on Free plan.
✏️ The option to invite non-team collaborators may be restricted in Invitation settings on Consultant and Business plans.
✏️ To share boards with non-registered users, make your board public.
You can share your boards with Viewers and Commenters via email without adding them to your team. On the board Share menu, enter the invitee's email, choose Can comment or Can view for access rights, and send the invite.
Inviting an external Commenter to a board
Such users are listed as Non-team users in your Team (Company) settings. Admins can convert them to Members or delete them from the team.
Non-team users in Team settings
Non-team users cannot create their own boards in the team and cannot access team shared boards and projects. If they request to join the team, the notification will be sent to account Admins.
Dashboard of Non-team users
Users on Consultant, Business plans with active Day Passes can share boards with external Editors via email without the need to invite them to your team. When inviting an editor to a board via email, you can choose whether to invite them to this particular board only as a Non-team user or to the team as well. To invite a Non-team editor, click Add to this board.
Sharing a board with an Editor
✏️ You can also share your boards with Guest editors - such users do not get added to your team and can edit boards without being registered users. The option is available on all paid plans. Learn more: Collaboration with Guest Editors.
✏️ Learn more about different board sharing options in this article.
Frequently asked questions
- My invitee does not get an email with the invitation I sent. How can they access my team?
- Please ask the user to register with Miro or to log in if they have a Miro profile. The user will find your team on the left sidebar of their dashboard.
- I have been invited to a Miro team but I do not see it when I log in. How can I access the team?
- Try to find the team on the left sidebar of your dashboard and switch to it. If there is no team, please make sure you are authorized in Miro under the same email address that has been invited to the team.
- There is no Invite members button on my dashboard. Why?
- Admins restricted the option to invite new members in the Invitation settings.
- Can I invite users without them registering with Miro?
- Yes, you can share your boards via public links with unregistered users.
- What to do if I accidentally invited new paid members?
- Please follow these steps.