Easily invite people to your team and boards to start collaborating and creating together. Depending on Invitation settings, the option to invite new users may be available for Admins only or for all members.
✏️ Visit this article to learn how to invite users on Enterprise plan.
There are several ways you can add members to your team.
- From your dashboard. Click Invite members in the upper-right corner
The option to invite members from the dashboard
From Team settings or Company settings (on Consultant plan). Open the Team or Company Settings > (Active) Users tab. There you can see all team members and invited users
The option to invite new members from Team settings
Click Invite new members in the upper right corner and enter the emails of your invitees. You can insert up to 500 emails in the invitation modal.
- In this menu, you can also copy Team invite link - everyone who follows the link will be able to join your team (available on Free, Team, Education plans). You can enable or disable the link in the Invitation settings
- On Free plan, every user invited to a board via email gets invited to the team as well and becomes a team member
- On Team plan, every editor invited to a board via email becomes a team member. You will see the following notification and will also have an option to invite the user with commentor access without adding to the team
A notification that only members can edit boards on this type of plan
Your invitee will receive an email invitation and will be able to join the work right away — the invite will be active for 30 days. They will also receive an email notification on the 3d and 7th days if they don't accept it immediately.
If the invitee is not registered with Miro, when clicking on the link in the notification email, they will be suggested to sign up. Registered Miro users will be suggested to log in, they will also be able to find your team on the left sidebar of their dashboard as soon as you invite them.
If a non-registered invitee doesn't accept the invitation within 30 days, it expires and the user gets deleted from the Active users list.
If you accidentally sent an invite to a wrong email address or made a typo and now want to delete the extra invite, click the three dots next to the invited user and choose Revoke invitation.
Revoke a pending invitation
Member Trials on Team plan
✏️ Only available for Team plan accounts.
When inviting members to the team, instead of immediately adding them as a paying seat, they will first be added as Free members.
Free members on Team plan
Once the user performs any paid action within the account, they are converted to Trial members for 7 days - no license is consumed at this point. The users can have full paid access for free to the account for 7 days - this enables collaboration without committing immediately to cost.
During the trial, new members can be promoted to Full members, or changed to guests in the Active users section in Team settings.
The options to delete a Trial Member or convert them to a guest user
Trial members become paid members if no action is taken by the end of the trial (7 days). If you don't want to add Trial members as Full team members after their trial finishes, you can remove them from the team or convert them to a guest users (which means that they will be able to view and comment on the board to which they were invited explicitly) at any time during the trial.
Please note that Member Trials are only available to new members one single time. Once a trial has been used, re-added members will occupy a paid seat immediately.
If Team plan account is upgraded to Consultant or Business plans, all current Trial Members are converted to Full members at the moment of the upgrade.
The cost of the new seats is prorated for the time remaining in your current subscription period (accurate up to a day), so your renewal dates for new seats will always coincide with your existing seats. If you have vacant seats during your subscription period and add a new member - no charge is applied.
To know more about the prorated system of charge, please check our article - Understanding billing.
You can share your boards with users via email without adding them to your team as members. Such users will be listed as guests in your Team settings.
⚠️ Note that guests are not available on Free plan.
✏️ The option to invite guests may be restricted in Invitation settings on Consultant and Business plans.
Inviting guests to boards on Consultant and Business plan
Such users are listed as guests in your Team (Company) settings. Admins can convert them to members or delete them from the team/revoke invitation.
Guests in Team settings
Guests cannot create their own boards in the team and cannot access team shared boards and projects. If they request to join the team, the notification will be sent to account Admins.
Dashboard of guests
✏️ Learn how to convert members to guests on this page.
You can also share your boards with visitors - such users do not get added to your team and can view/comment/edit public boards without being registered users. The option is available on all paid plans. Learn more: Collaboration with visitors.
✏️ See the difference between members, guests, and visitors on this page.
Frequently asked questions
- My invitee does not get an email with the invitation I sent. How can they access my team?
- Please ask the user to register with Miro or to log in if they have a Miro profile. The user will find your team on the left sidebar of their dashboard.
- I have been invited to a Miro team but I do not see it when I log in. How can I access the team?
- Try to find the team on the left sidebar of your dashboard and switch to it. If there is no team, please make sure you are authorized in Miro under the same email address that has been invited to the team.
- There is no Invite members button on my dashboard. Why?
- Admins restricted the option to invite new members in the Invitation settings. Note that this option may be restricted for Team Admins on Consultant and Enterprise plan.
- Can I invite users without them registering with Miro?
- Yes, you can share your boards via public links with unregistered users free of charge.
- What to do if I accidentally invited new paid members?
- Please follow these steps.